The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

forum usage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: forum usage   forum usage EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 am

I look at the list of Everyone and their alts and notice that there are quite many missing there. Why doesn't people use the forum and how do we "force" them to start using it? Twisted Evil (without using any Sith lord or jedi powers...)
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 am

For this, it is a player's choice whether they want to put all their characters out there to be seen, I mean I actually have a few characters that nobody knows that I go on if I just want peace and quiet for a while. So really dont force people to do something they may not want to, alright?

~Falli
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:05 pm

I didn't mean just that particular thread. I meant the forum itself. I understand that people don't want to reveal their secret alts and stuff but I mean those who are in TGC. As far a I've seen, many of our members don't even have an account at this forum. Good to know which members can be online at the same time for raids etc. Wink Every time I scroll down the list of recruits and members I see names I still can't figure out who they are since I've never seen them online or at the forum. Since many of our meetings are planned in this forum people need to make accounts for it. Hard to catch everyone in game to tell them and since so many haven't made accounts here I suppose they don't read the message of the day either. When people aren't a part of the kinship they leave/stop being active. If you don't know when the meetings are or never have anything to say about when they are it's hard to be a part of the kin. Of course there are exceptions but I hope you see my point. Rolling Eyes I want the newer recruits to come to the forum as well.
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Sadly this is the case with my other kin also. There is only a handful of active people keeping the forum and the kin alive. New recruits don't register to the forum and so it is not as efficient way to organize events as it would be we're everyone at least reading it.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Is there any way to make people realise the benefits of using the forum or has everything been tried?
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:32 am

Heredryn, I hope that you better apprittiade the efficency and the necessity of the tyrantish and evily methods of the sith Twisted Evil

I will send an in-game mail to everyone reminding them about the scrolls. It has worked to some extent before, might come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 4:18 am

You know that I do Wink Though it seems like there are minds not even the sith lord himself can persuade with his mind powers. Certain recruits may be offended if someone attempts to tamper with their mind scratch

Well thought Felogar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mandergar
Member of the Council

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:51 pm

what we used to do on the clan gaming forums we ran for Battlefield 2 couple years back, was always have in-game things showing through the site, now i realise its a bit trickier doing this for LOTRO. We had teamspeak plugin and game browser for members linking direct to all 12 of our dedicated servers.

Perhaps tying something game related or adding extra "features" like computer help for members or such things could tempt users to keep coming back and use the forums for items.

Just an idea Smile

afro
^just cos it cracks me up Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

forum usage Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum usage   forum usage Empty

Back to top Go down

forum usage
Page 1 of 1