The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angharat
Recruit of the Council

Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course Empty
PostSubject: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 am

Still haven't started my new char Sad couldn't decide yet on a class.

As I can't make up my mind, are there any wishes?

Angharat
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 am

Have you tried warden? I really like it so far Smile
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:56 pm

How about a LM? wait we already have that... Very Happy You can try the lorebreaker Runekeeper! or how about a guardian! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Nooooo dont encourage turbine to add more lorebreaking classes Razz

Guardian is fun though!
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

I thought about starting a warden (guardian knock off) but I already have a guardian so I decided I didnt need a knock off Very Happy but seriously I heard RKs are huge overpower now
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 am

Felogar wrote:
I thought about starting a warden (guardian knock off) but I already have a guardian so I decided I didnt need a knock off Very Happy but seriously I heard RKs are huge overpower now

Hey Felogar watch what you say... Wardens are not knock-offs from any class. I've started a Warden and he's doing great so far. The impossible was made possible by Turbine: a Tank in medium armor Very Happy

Anyways, my Warden alt Palantirr Longstride was created to fit the lore of Golradir, being a Warden of Minas Tirith. Palantirr is a younger Warden who has witnessed several battles against the forces of Mordor, and is sent among a group to Eregion by the Steward Denethor to inquire about the state of affairs there and to check on the High Warden Boromir.

Palantirr discovers Golradir - exhausted, ill and wounded by the many fights he waged with the Glade Council, and decides to take up his place in the Glade and swears the vow in secret before a select group of Glade Elders, and continues the path of Golradir. Golradir was ordered to return to Gondor to complete his retirement. He intends to visit Eregion often, but only as a merchant and courier.

That's about it for the story. I'll try to write the entire story in the Scrolls one day.

P.S. RKs might be overpowered at the moment, but they're really glass-cannons at the moment, and it's working for them so far because Turbine hasn't released a patch so far. I expect a nerf to Runekeepers coming soon which will make their image as a glass-cannon completely unstable.

Take care everyone

Golradir Whitetower/Palantirr Longstride
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Well said Golradir. They are indeed glass-cannons with possibble criticals over 4000 damage. But they are very weak at the same time.
Also I like the story behind Palantirr. Inspires me to start a new alt Very Happy but unfortunately I dont have time since I am going ona training ship on May 26th. I wont be near any computer for 2 months :/ I cannot even guess what will happen around here then, but I will create an alt when I can!
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:21 am

2 months? How are you gonna survive? Razz
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

I know (from a friend) that at least military frigate ships have satellite-internet, but if you're on a military ship I highly doubt it if your commanding officer would allow you extended time on LotRO Very Happy

I wish you a pleasant time Felogar and hopefully you'll get a chance to log on and check the Scrolls at least if you go on-shore
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Nah its not a military ship, its a Merchant Marine Training ship with 500 other students. Its like the military but not that strict. Unfortunately, they dont have wireless or internet on board Sad Just an old noisy computer from the 80's you can only use to send e-mails Shocked How I will survive? I got lots of friends on board, we'll be trying to make fun about everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:23 am

Felogar wrote:
Nah its not a military ship, its a Merchant Marine Training ship with 500 other students. Its like the military but not that strict. Unfortunately, they dont have wireless or internet on board Sad Just an old noisy computer from the 80's you can only use to send e-mails Shocked How I will survive? I got lots of friends on board, we'll be trying to make fun about everything Very Happy

hehe... you can either continue practicing your fishing hobby (hopefully you've also been fishing in Middle Earth), or you could RP with your friends about being on a ship headed west into the Blessed Realm Laughing

That would be great... keep us informed and good luck and much fun on the ship.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 am

Palantirr wrote:
Felogar wrote:

hehe... you can either continue practicing your fishing hobby (hopefully you've also been fishing in Middle Earth), or you could RP with your friends about being on a ship headed west into the Blessed Realm Laughing

That would be great... keep us informed and good luck and much fun on the ship.

No! Not heading west! Razz Or create a disposable char Razz We want you back and assuming consequences of such heading west RP... not good Smile
(one year ago i did not hear about RP and now I make RPer jokes.. that's addictive)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course   Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course Empty

Back to top Go down

Low level alts for recruiting purposes and fun of course
Page 1 of 1