The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Glade's silence

Go down 
+5
Eovind
Heredryn
Falli
Maverickson
Maerduin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm

*Maerduin arises from his chair and eyes the Glade's kinsmen*

I, too, have something important to say. Or rather, I have a request. As time continues, and leaves remaining scars of elderness on Human-kind, we develop and grow older. I have been accepted by the Glade Council at age 15. It started by ending in Bree, not knowing what happened after I drank from the Kinhouse Keg, and now continues with me searching for pies and having a smoke at the Kinhouse fire.

These are the moment which we cherish in our hearts, and think of when we wander off in thoughts. But it is also these moments that are too scarce. I think, as a Kin, we are doing too little together. We have daily conversations, indeed, which makes this Kinship unique and an honour for me to be a part of it. But I would love to do more with the Kin, proving we are not just people under the same roof, but also bearers of the same mark that has once been burned on our chests.

I would love to see more meetings, gatherings around the fire, group quests, raids, etc. I do not mind to accompany younger Kinsmen on a quest, as long as this happens with our group. I always find such moments more enjoyable, than training everyday by yourself and merely talking about what we have done with other groups. Why not venture all together, and go into the Great Barrows, or kill Trolls together, and eventually have a drink afterwards? Perhaps Maerduin, that is me, can find you a date. I have proven to be quite successful at it. *Thinks back at the Prancing Pony and Humphert*

Let us, once again, unite and make it occasional gatherings, instead of rare gatherings. Shall we?

*Maerduin sits down again, takes a sip of his glass of milk (while reaching in his backpack for a pie or two), and awaits reactions from the gathered Kinsmen.

Last edited by Maerduin on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 pm

I agree, we have been very quite on the RP front. Is there anyone out there who wants to throw out some ideas on what we should be doing. (IE: any raids that people need help with)
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Indeed a clever thought from our resident little master. I myself am currently undertaking a fairly dangerous task of travelling to Imladris to meet with Launa there (Explained as the IC reason for her absense) and I plan to remain in Imladris for quite some time, so please if I am on pop by and say hello, if you can that is...

Much Love,
~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:07 pm

/e who still is just a recruit and don't really have anything to say about how things are done in the council cheers for Maerduin and his good idea
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Heredryn wrote:
/e who still is just a recruit and don't really have anything to say about how things are done in the council cheers for Maerduin and his good idea

You have as much right as others.
(except me ;D)
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 pm

*raises his pint of mead and says Aye!*
Back to top Go down
Attias
Member of the Council
Attias

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:25 am

how about creating kinship quests? why dont we come up with a storyline and allocate everyone in the council a role in that story, and we can RP the quest?
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 am

Neat idea, Attias...frankly, I love it...

We havnt got any "storyline" thingy since we killed off Mithrelas (may his dark soul now rest in peace), so aye, its time we come up with something new.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:58 am

As the person who used to plan and announce the events in the Glade I too am aware of our enduring silence on the RP front. Unfortunately this summer has been a very busy one and I am only available for very limited amount of time for lotro. But we indeed should plan an event soon and maybe even get ourselves a storyline as suggested. Sorry for being away most of the time but I'll definitely try to make it to any action going on in the RP front.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 am

I was wondering when someone was going to point this out, I've just reformatted my pc so while im waiting for lotro to finish updating (1493/14187 updates =/ it's been going since last night lol) Ill see what I can think of (if anything Razz)
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 am

Eovind wrote:
Neat idea, Attias...frankly, I love it...

We havnt got any "storyline" thingy since we killed off Mithrelas (may his dark soul now rest in peace), so aye, its time we come up with something new.

Let's re-invite Nylyan and kill him off
Smile
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Now that'd be a sight to see! Unfortunately, the only thing we would get thrown to our ears are lines like: "U suck at RP", "U didn't have a reason for kicking me", etc.

That as a side-note Smile. As for the rest, I love it (the story-line idea). We should have a story-line, and besides that have quests. When someone is in need of a good party, then we should go as a Kinship, and not search for other groups. We could make it a habit to help each other on quests, and think of a story around it, and if we have nothing at hands, we could just have a drink. Indeed, it costs an amount of Silver Pieces to get to the place everyone can go to, but to me gathering a group is more important and enjoying than those silly SP.

I think back to when we, as a group, went into the Barrow-Downs (finishing Evil's Final Chapter) and ended the day with a group picture. Now I say: "Those were the times...".
Back to top Go down
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Ideas   Glade's silence EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Was the last event reqally when Mithrelas got killed? maybe its time to do the same thing to the new leader of the Kin. . "Felogar I need to speak with you now!" .. Heh heh. (Inside joke, Felogar is trembling with fear, muhahah).

But yes, it would be nice to have some kind of story within the kinship going on. When I was running The Order Of The Seldarine, I was trying to get people to do an Event at Fornost and in the north Downs, but sadly the member numbers were low and as were the lv's. We could do something like that, the Glade Council Lending a hand to the people of the ruined town of Trestle Bridge.

Or even have someone go missing, later turn up to be taken prisoner by Orcs or something like that and the glade Council dealing swift retribution on our Foes. . . Not saying to go with the idea, just to kick start some brain storming.

But one thing not to do, have someone get possessed, thats already been done. .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 4:51 pm

Action on the RP front always gets a big thumbs up from me! Im racking my brains.. I think I said something a while ago (in game) to humphert about there being a shadow over the old forest. Perhaps we could go on an expedition to find that hidden graveyard, i have always wanted to find it
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Aaaw, I too want to find that darn graveyard...I've been riding around in the Old Forest for ages and havnt found it. Please dont execute that plan until I renewed my subscription!!!
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 3:43 am

1) I'm up for anything now as on the whole I seem to get excluded by people in bree now *grumbles*
2) Its been a while since the Glade Council has actually done anything together
3) Yay Launa's back! bounce
4) Yay first post 2nd page
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Haha   Glade's silence EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:16 am

Haha, congrats my good Falli. But do tell me, is there a graveyard in the Old Forest? Never heard of one, and I thought I had seen everything already in there. Details!
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:06 am

There is a graveyard in the old forest my eager little freind, I have not seen it through my own eyes, but through the eyes of another I have seen it, there are also many other secluded wonders in this land, known only to those who wish to seek them...
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 am

Elgost wrote:

Or even have someone go missing, later turn up to be taken prisoner by Orcs or something like that and the glade Council dealing swift retribution on our Foes. . . Not saying to go with the idea, just to kick start some brain storming.

We could form a glade and allied raid to take over the Ettenmoors! The only problem is the amount of low level players we have, it probably wouldnt be right to have events for only players 40+.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 am

I have been thinking of that for a long long time now but our low levels make it pretty difficult..
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm

We could raid fornost instead Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:25 am

Shouldnt we be doing a riad that features a forest? Seeing thats sort of what we do? Razz
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 am

There is a den of lvl +45 trolls and orcs in the eastern parts of Angmar, which is mostly woodlands...
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 am

To start with yes I know the kin's prefered fighting style is ambush and destroy. However in places like Angmar or Fornost there are no bushes! If you plan to fight there, then alot of the council would need to be trained in the use of tactics of war Suspect (Not mentioning a former soldier of Gondor for that position) mind you, the elves probably wont have to go through it, they probably invented it. But anyway remember even if you are doing a game event there can be some RP produced from it.

Many huggles for all, special huggles for Launa
~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:33 am

I was discussing with Eovind IC last night that perhpas we should start some sort of military training... We can discuss at the meeting I suppose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glade's silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glade's silence   Glade's silence Empty

Back to top Go down

Glade's silence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: