The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Behind the Masks

Go down 
+9
Felogar
Turuviel
Eovind
Palantirr
Heredryn
Falli
Maerduin
Elgost
Maverickson
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:16 pm

A thread so that we can talk about our real lives, if you have one!!!!

Behind the Masks N5373010

(btw, I'm the one stuffing his face)
I am Michael, 28 years old from lovely Kent in the Uk.
Married, have 2 year old daughter (who my ALT Honeyblossom is named after) and one more due in 6 WEEKS!!!!
Store manager of Burton Menswear.

(Will add to this later, if my life becomes interesting!!)
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Elgost   Behind the Masks EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

I have no picture to post of me right now. So use your imagination of some horrid monster that is afraid of light. . Just kidding of course but if it will help you sleep thinking that then go for it and sleep well.

My actual name is Drew and i'm 22 working in a nursing home doing 12 hour night shifts. (I know I need to do something more productive with my life rather than look after old people with dementure). I was born/raised/live along the mid east coast of England in a large town called Grimsby. (I can think of better places to be, even France. .Thats saying something)

I have no kids yet, well, one that is due on the 15th of January. (Yay for me) No idea of the sex yet, but wil find out in the first week of september. Dreading and yet looking forward to being a dad.

Just incase your curious, my roleplaying history is only limited to Lord of the rings and Neverwinter nights, created and ran my own module on the game, but as time went on I wanted to try soemthing new. . So here I am.

Am I actually 'wise' as my char? No, i just spit out random thing that make no sense if you look close enough or maybe they do. . Might actually be wise and not realise it. (Scary).

What do i hate? Eovind and his cronies. . nah not really. . just Eovind Razz

If there is anything anyone wishes to know about me, I won't say anything else so you'd be wasting your time ^.^
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Me, myself and I.   Behind the Masks EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 am

Me.

I am Nicolas De Letter, 19 years old, turning twenty the 30th of December. I live in Belgium, and study Economics at the University of Ghent. I am the regular guy who loves to hang out with his friends, and girlfriends of course, but in the evening, I mostly prefer to stay on all night long spending my time with you guys.

I was introduced to role-playing when Neverwinter Nights first came out. I picked up that game, and several years after I continued its sequel. I hosted my own Persistent World, which was even sponsored by Atari itself. After 6 years of dedicated playing, I grew tired of the staticness of the game and searched for a more dynamic and interacting game (boy, do I love to use the jump button!). That is how I ended up with Lord of the Rings Online, since I loved reading Tolkien's books. I also love Paulo Coelho's books, Tim Severin and J.K.Rowling.

As for the rest, I am a very unthusiastic and easy-going person. Always willing to answer question, always have been very open. And to the Glade members, how could I possibly be refuse to answer more detailed?!

If you have any remaining question, please shoot! I'd more than glad to answer them.

Cheers,

Nicolas

P.S. The picture was taken in Lloret de Mar.
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:08 am

Good lord he does look like a hobbit
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: What me?   Behind the Masks EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Hey, what me? I am 1m73 tall, that make me ineligible to be a Hobbit Very Happy. Oh you mean Maverick? Aye, I agree...
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 pm

For all those on Facebook........
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28219162354
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 7:31 am

Well, I suppose it's time to write something about me as well.
My name is Anna, and I'm a chemistry student from Sweden. I'm 20 years old and live together with Malle (Eovind).
My time is spent on studies (probably should be more?), Lotro (probably alot too much?) and LARP (just a bit addicted... a little).
I'm the treasurer of a small LARP-association and work alot with making people try the hobby out, so if you ever get to Sweden we'll make sure to get you out in the woods and chased down by orcs Twisted Evil

Can't seem to find any good pictures of me as... well me, so you'll have to settle with Tjera, the alchemist (a LARP-character from this summer, at least it hasn't got horns or fangs..).

Behind the Masks Kopia_10
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 am

OK here comes the REAL monster Twisted Evil :

My name is Yasser and I'm 29 years old (this December). I live in Germany and study Politics and Society. In my free time I play LotRO and learn Japanese (funny combination... but I consider Japanese the Quenya of this world Very Happy). If I have free time left over after that, I usually do sports and go riding (actually I ride once every two weeks)... one might think I do a lot but with the time given I use every waking minute Cool

So, without further delay here's my horrible mug:
Behind the Masks Yasserkl7
Behind the Masks W383
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:31 am

Golradir wrote:
and study Politics and Society.

We'd never guess Wink
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 am

Meh - now I feel forced to write something too. I did a post as well as a picture of me in a LARP-outfit it on the old forums but I've changed rather drastically in apperance since then...

My name is Malle, I'm 23 years old and I live together with Heredryn. I study to become a printer and currently work/practice at a heatset printing factory but might go back to my old job if my application goes through. I'm kinda stuck between those two jobs, both of the companies seems to want me working for them so I have a hard time deciding which job to choose ^^ luckily I have a few months left of the education, so there is still time to think.

I also do a lot of gaming, LARP and sometimes general PnP-roleplaying as well as crafting stuff (armours, bags, belts, clothes and so on) in various materials - for example leather, fabric and even steel to some degree. I'm also the vice president of our LARP-association. It sounds more formal than it is, all I do is basically to sign some documents from time to time... Wink

Me in my latest LARP-outfit - some kind of combination of Ranger/Mongol I guess...
Behind the Masks Ederias107copy2zd5
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyFri May 08, 2009 3:06 am

Well I was hoping for a better picture in a fantasy outfit but since the chance to get that outfit vanished I might as well add something Very Happy

So.. I'm Dora, 27 (since about a week ago), married, programmer of verification environments for electronic components (so I have little to no experience with WEB programming but if needed I can learn pretty fast.. thinking of forums and different application used for game), but my first love I never got over with was literature, so I had in parallel studies (and also a degree I will probably never use) in Romanian&French literature together with my Automated Control and Industrial Computers degree (too much admiration for princess Leia repairing Han's ship plus my whole gang of gamers in highschool going to that University led me to it Laughing Unfortunately industrial robots proved no match to R2D2 so I converted to computer programming for a more comfortable desk job.)

I'm a big fan of computer games even if I never was a technical player (to be read never played efficiently), grew up with them since Dune1 and Budokan, evenings/nights of Starcraft and CounterStrike in high school, continuing with a great admiration for Oblivion and Witcher (yes.. that Turuviel Very Happy )

LOTRO was my first RP exercise and I loved the idea and learned a bit I hope Very Happy I'd give LARP a try If I ever get the occasion, sounds really nice.

As for picture most suited I have is charging an imaginary sword Very Happy ..could not see the Louvre and not play D'Artagnan Smile En garde! Razz
[Acctually will edit it a bit and add a sword Very Happy]
Behind the Masks M4EJwZ852162-02

Last edited by Turuviel on Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey! I had a post here didnt I??? Where'd it go??? Evil or Very Mad

anyway:
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:14 pm

I think it is on the old forums, Felo
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Hehe yeah, found it Very Happy

Copy + Paste:

I guess its my turn now to ''expose'' myself Very Happy

My name is Mehmet, I am from Turkiye(Turkey) and I am 23 years old. I am currently studying Marine Engineering at joint programme between Istanbul Technical University and State University of New York Maritime College.

I am spending quite some time in-game, that is becouse I dont have to study a whole lot this semester and probably next semester too. Since I have all the time in the world, I try to get the best out of it and I try to go out as much as possible. I am a huge fan of Tolkien and I try to read Lord of the Rings once a year Smile(my favorite character is Boromir, followed by Feanor and Elu Thingol from Silmarillion) I was born a hardcore gamer and will be forever. My favorites are strategy games and action games. My personal best is the ''Metal Gear series''. I am also skilled in pencil drawing and I usually draw lotr or silmarillion characters. Perhaps I could share them with you on the forum sometime. I listen to all kinds of music with great pleasure, but since I play the drums a bit myself, I enjoy anything with the drums a bit more.

Well thats about it and here come the pictures:

Behind the Masks N683581770_371232_2416 Behind the Masks N683581770_402508_9796

Please dont mind me showing off with my Audi TT Cool it is ''My Preciousss...''

Well, there goes my mask too.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:27 am

Looking good as always Felo Wink
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:49 am

Making plans to ninja the car Cool
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:24 am

I cant drive it Crying or Very sad I am all the way over in USA Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:59 am

And it didn't cross your mind to let me and Eo take care of it while you were gone... You dissapoint me Felo lol!
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:29 am

*takes advantage of the heated discussion, sneaks like Bilbo Baggins with the One Ring on and ninjas the TT for a test-drive*

/victory! cheers
Back to top Go down
Amanorel
Ally of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Amanorel - Oww the horror! My pic :P   Behind the Masks EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:33 am

Well My name is Olga I am 26 year old living in Israel.
I was born In Uzbekistan came here when was 9 years old. I love mmorpg and play wow and lotr both my favorites. I am studennt to arheology snd cultures of the ancient estern cultures.
Amm why 2 pic? the first one is not that good i think so... enjoy the horor show! Razz

Behind the Masks Pb070186

Behind the Masks Romanticmebyolga20
Back to top Go down
http://olga20.deviantart.com
Cainwen
Recruit of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:19 am

Nice pics Amanorel and a hearty welcome to The Glade Council Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaeldir
Member of the Council
Gaeldir

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Gaeldir Angolcyll of Lindon   Behind the Masks EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:03 am

Hummm well I guess it's my turn to post here (late is better than never...). Razz

Hi everyone, I'm Moreno, 39 years old, from Italy. I'm a software engineer and run my own small software house together with my wonderful wife. My main hobbies are videogames (ofc!), symphonic metal and well... software development LOL!

Been mastering pen & paper RPGs ever since 1989, and still going. We play many settings with different rulesets, but our favourite is Middle Earth - we play in 1650 Third Age and are running an ongoing champaign started back in 1994, which took the heroes even to Valinor and to confront among others Sauron and Ungoliant themselves.

Gaeldir has been in LOTRO since the very 1st day and is still my favourite character. I started playing him again lately with one of my wifey's alts, so you might see him now and again, roaming Middle Earth in his ongoing quest to recover the lost lore of the Eldar and use it in the war against the Shadow growing in the east.

Here are a couple of pictures, you can see me, wifey and our cats Elwë and Olwë. Elwë Thingol / Elu Singollo / Greymantle is easily spotted as the first sleepyhead, with his brother Olwë following close. You can have a look at my life phylosophy on my shirt, while our bright red noses are confirmed to come from catching too much sun and drinking too much booze. clown

See you all soon in Middle Earth! Very Happy

Behind the Masks Mo_and10
Behind the Masks Elwe10
Behind the Masks Olwe10
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:41 pm

I love that shirt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yennaidh
Ally of the Council
Yennaidh

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:44 pm

This sadly, is the only picture I have-I usually avoid pictures wherever possible:P
Behind the Masks Mebw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Behind the Masks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Behind the Masks   Behind the Masks Empty

Back to top Go down

Behind the Masks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Off Topic-
Jump to: