The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Other online games

Go down 
+6
Miryalin
Felogar
Eovind
Humphert
Maerduin
Elgost
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Other online games   Other online games EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:39 pm

What other online games do people play, I doubt everyone only plays Lord of the rings. Who knows? It may be a small world and some of us may have played other games together without realising. . Just like I found out that I used to own Amadreruil on battlefield 2 xD

For me I play Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 and my player name is -{BH}-Wolf Bane.

At times I try Call of duty 4 online but I can't get into the damn thing and get very frustrated with it. Also tried Age of conan but in my opinion it sucks, some things are good but its not for me.

Neverwinter nights I play occassionaly just to catch up with some friends on it and nothing more and I think thats it for the online games that I play. Maybe a few others off and on but not worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: On-line games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:13 am

In my spare time, I continue to complete the whole list of Final Fantasy games. I started with Final Fantasy VII when I was 8 years old, and have ever since been obsessed with role-playing games.

Besides that, I have played Neverwinter Nights, and its sequel, for 6 years non-stop. I hosted my own Persistent World called World of Goliath. I played on servers such as World of Kikéroké, Middle Earth, Anphilia, Krynn, Shores of Winter, Rune, ... Have DM'ed on many servers, that is why I love action embedded into a story.

Since I grew tired of NWN, I searched for a game which was less static than NWN. So, as I love J.R.R.Tolkien's books, and found about Lotro, I started playing this game. The majority of my time I spend in Lotro.

And for me there's nothing more than that. Just my occasional Final Fantasy, and Lotro Smile.
Back to top Go down
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:30 am

I would have to say that Final Fantasy 7 got em into all the rpoleplaying agmes I am into now. Loved it and would play it again when i clear it (Was a little sad like that) Then I went onto FF 8 and 9 but then I got bored of FF10 and up, the gameplay seems too linear (a fixed path) unleike the ones before when you could practicaly do what you want. . Also I loved Fable.
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Favourite   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 am

My favourite of the series though are Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. Most probably because I love the story, and the intense but impossible love between Yuna and Tidus.
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 am

I used to play Eve online a great while back but got quite bore of it. Perhaps I just played it wrong. I loved the financials of that game and the skill system, though. Otherwise it just wasn't for me. After that my friend dragged me into LoTRO and I am glad he did.

Of course I am currently playing Fantastic contraption. Totally what you didn't mean but takes a lot of time Smile. Love it.

I once tried to try WoW, but the trial installer bugged and I have no nerves for such. If it doesn't work immediately, it is crap. My motto. On games of which you must pay, at least.

I would like to try Age of Conan and am looking forward for Warhammer. But then again LoTRO takes quite a lot of my time, so we shall see if I'll ever try either of those.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 11:13 am

Humphert wrote:
If it doesn't work immediately, it is crap. My motto.

Hehe, a great motto you have, Humphert. You better not try Age of Conan then; the game isnt really that bad when you get into it, but it sure is full of bugs everywhere. Hopefully they'll fix it sometime.

Lotro is basically the first MMORPG I've ever played...I did a few attempts at NWN 1 & 2 on some RP servers, but I have a hard time getting into those games for some reason...dont really like them, the interface, graphics and many other things just scares me off...AoC I'm playing a little from time to time, but I'm mostly staying there for the friends I've gained and not the game itself. I'm probably more of a single player anyway, and love the Fallout-, Baldur's Gate-, System Shock-, Deus Ex-, Elder Scrolls-, KoTOR-series, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, Fable and many other RPGs...FF7 is included of course, but agan I never quite liked the other FF games. Currently I play Mass Effect, although the version I have (uhm *cough*...pirated...*cough*) is a bit buggy, so I guess I'll just buy the game instead.

Currently looking forward to Fable 2 and Fallout 3, I will pre-order them as soon as possible...really want those games!!
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:08 pm

I used to play the MMO Star Wars Galaxies. I could say it was as good as (in some aspects better) than LOTRO until they nerfed everything and announced a ''Combat Upgrade(CU)'' which turned the game thousands of people loved into a 6 year old kids video game... I guess about 80% of the players left. It was THE biggest mistake by SOE. I tried WoW with the trial from a friend, it was pretty good but after SWG, I didnt find it worthy to pay for...

I have ever loved strategy games and I'm a natural with them. I like Company of Heroes, Age of Empires, StarCraft and my favorite: Hearts of Iron II. I also play FPS's like Call of Duty etc... but not multiplayer unless its local area conn
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

Well I played WoW until the launch of Lotro, been playing since launch. Before that... Tribes was the only online FPS i ever got into. Offline I play Sims ect and I'm looking forward to Spore released this friday! woop woop
Back to top Go down
Miryalin
Member of the Council

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 10:33 am

I've been playing that Visual Studio 2008: Online a hell of a lot lately. It's pretty fun, it's about bad technical standards and frustration. It's not everyone's cup of tea though, I imagine.

Other than that, I don't really play any online games besides LotRO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 6:25 am

i too have been playing visual studio 2008, and it can be frustrating. Though i like the way i get paid to play with it, which softens the blow Razz
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:39 am

I played Ultima online... once Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am

Online games? well I played Guild Wars for about....3 or 4 years although recently I've gone off it, I played WoW for a while too, but the grind in the later levels drove me nuts...and I quit Razz I had some great times in WoW tho, It's really a game where you need a really good guild to make it more fun. I've been playing various versions of Counter-strike for about...well I dunno actually...haha a good few years, my cs:s clan atm is nervous gamers, (it's branched off a really successful cod4 clan but the cs:s part is really in its infancy still)
I've played lots of online fps games but cs:s is really the only to hold my attention, I do play abit of TF2 now and again though.
I used to play NwN2 online...not very much though Razz
I'm more of a single player rpg person tbh, not a big fan of final fantasy, Baldur's gate I'd say got me into rpgs and I play alot of DnD rpgs...legend of zelda orcarina of time is probably my favourite rpg ever baldur's gate 2 a close second pirat
Back to top Go down
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 am

Since people are now listing their offline games for the most part, I'll list the ones I play or played somewhat recently. Razz

Company of heroes + CoH:Opposing Fronts.
Crysis.
Sims 2 - Well used to be addicted to it but not anymore.
Icewind Dale 1 + 2.
Baulders Gate 2.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1+2.
Call of Duty 4 - Best fps single player game i've played.
Ghost Recon Series - my clan used to play Ghost recon when it was first formed then went onto other games.
Rome Total War.
Medieval Total war 2.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Hello everyone,

Since everyone is posting their games, I'll post my experience with games so far:

I have played many many many games in my life, and naming them here will be just a waste of bites, so I'll just list the games I have on my computer at the moment (starting with onlines):

1. Age of Conan: sucks! I have played since launch till a month ago, reached level 43 with a fun guild but with all the bugs/nerfs/client crashes it's not as what the developers promised, although it has some really unique features... try it in one or two years once it becomes stable.
2. Guild Wars: Have all the expansions except Eye of the North... really interesting but boring!
3. WoW: de-activated my account for the sake of LotRO, and I never regretted it Laughing
4. Silkroad Online: Although it's free-to-play but it's worth a shot... I find it quite interesting.

Offline games I have on my computer:
Company of heroes, Fallout 2 (waiting for Fallout 3), Far Cry, Galactic Civilizations II, GRAW, Hitman Blood Money, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II, Medieval II Total War, Neverwinter Nights 2 (+Mask of the Betrayer), Nexus the Jupiter Incident, Oblivion (+Knights of the Nine), Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (+all expansions), Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Star Wars Empire at War, KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, The Godfather the Game, Titan Quest (+Immortal Throne), Rainbow Six Las Vegas, Uplink, Warcraft III (+Frozen Throne), X3 Reunion, C&C3 Tiberium Wars, Ground Control II, Supreme Commander, Two Worlds, World in Conflict, Settlers: Rise of an Empire, Medal of Honor Airborne, The Witcher, Call of Duty 4, Crysis, Age of Empires III (+ War Chiefs), Sid Meier's Pirates, GTA San Andreas (Waiting for GTA IV), LOTR Return of the King, Freelancer, Assassin's Creed, Gothic III, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Mass Effect, Fable the Lost Chapters, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, and Spore.

yeah I know... how do I get to play so many games... I have to admit that I'm quite a game-hoarder, and I can never convince myself to finish a game or uninstall one, except when I'm about to run out of disk space Embarassed

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other online games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other online games   Other online games Empty

Back to top Go down

Other online games
Page 1 of 1