The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Stepping down

Go down 
+5
Faewulf
Felogar
Falli
Eovind
Maverickson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Hail all,
As some of you may be aware I have just moved house and had another baby. As a result of moving I have had no internet for ages and now my PC has died!!!!!!
I have now idea when it will be fixed, so I have no other choice but to leave my position of Elder for someone more active. I would still like to remain a member, hoping my absence wont be too long.
From an RP point of view, Maverickson has been summoned back to Rohan for a pardon, but something as gone wrong.
Hope to see you all soon, probably in Moria!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:54 pm

No worries, Mav! Come back when you're able to and good luck with everything! We will always hold a place for you, but if someone will replace you at the Elder position is still to see...we have quite a few already since the last meeting Cool Dont know if you've read what happened lately, but many things have changed since you were among us the last time. Eovind is now the High Seat with Nemsyn as his Successor, and many new Elders have been assigned; among them Humphert who quite surprisingly decided to re-take his old status. Hope you'll come back soon and help us bring the Glade to further heights, Mav!

Oh, and if you can, is it possible to give me or Felogar admin-status over the forums while you're gone? Some things need to be updated here.
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 am

Always sad to see a freind having to leave for a long time, but I wish you the best of luck in what you do Maverickson, and put simply let us hope you come back to us sometime soon.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 4:24 am

DAMN!! Evil or Very Mad There goes my plans of putting Maverickson to the sword! Crying or Very sad

Seriously, I hope that you'll be back soon to take your place in the Elder's Circle Maverickson. Too bad you have missed many events and changes, I dont even know you'll be reading these replies anytime soon Very Happy

And its very important that you give admin status to someone (Eovind?) Dont give it to me though, I have never dealt with forum moderation, so I wouldnt know what to do with it Very Happy

Hope to see you back soon
Regards
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 7:01 am

Yea a LOT has changed (for the better mostly!) since you've been gone, but yeah, good luck with everything and I hope you get back online soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:55 am

Very sad for you on the one hand but happy you have new addition. I hope you get your pc fixed soon and are able to join us in glade again. I look forward to hearing your tale of what went wrong in Rohan. Maybe I need to put some of our bretheren to the sword much as Felogar was planning to do to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:51 am

hail all,
I to have not been on for a while due to pc issues [ now fixed Smile ]. Work comitments have now blocked my path to Middle Earth, so will not be on as regularly as i used to be.

IC Gandrill has had a bad feeling regarding Maverickson's pardon and has decided to follow him to Rohan. What will he find on his arrival?!?!?!

see you all soon pig
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 5:56 am

I will have to take a little rest from Lotro....ever since Moria was released I have felt a little empty; I cant do anything interesting anymore. Ettenmoors was the place I went to when I was bored, but now they have raised every creep to 60. Also the new areas are pretty and all that, but to get somewhere you have to do hundreds of quests to raise your level so you even stand a small chance against the npc:s. And all this really got my playing-mood down...

I have no real desire at all to level anymore (goes with both Eo and Denholm), and I doubt it will change anytime soon. I will therefore take a little rest from Lotro, but most from the demanding questing parts of the game. I will still be on from time to time of course, but not as much as I used to be and I will probably only do things I find rewarding and interesting - e.g. riding around in the wild at the low level areas to watch the scenery, roleplaying with you guys and others if anyone can get their hands off MoM, and maybe a little crafting. I need to get my feelings for this game back on track...

If people want to honour the departed Elgost tomorrow sunday I will of course be there. I will still do what I can to lead the Council both OOC and IC, but expect Eo to be somewhat depressed from Elgost's death and maybe not that talkative anymore (for good or bad Razz), but I also ask that the Elders and Nemsyn to do their part now too when I wont be around that much.

Next week I have evening-shift at work again, which will do perfect now - 15.00-24.00 makes me pretty tired and I have no chance to actually play that much due to the late hours. Maybe I get that desire back if I dont do anything like it for a week Smile One can always hope...anyways, everyone have fun out there and take care of each other! I'll see you around, sooner or later.

/Eovind
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Oh that's really bad news to read and hear my dear friend and High Seat. Crying or Very sad It really pains me to hear of your loss of feelings for Lotro because of Moria, but on the other hand I can understand the decision of the designers of MoM to make reaching these 10 levels as long and engaging as possible for as many players as possible. Only yesterday I've seen a level 59 hunter running around in Esteldin, which indicates that leveling (maybe together with a sleepless group) can be done quickly (as in any MMORPG)... However, I can understand the fact that you feel bored because of the bar-raising all of a sudden. I can't seem to catch Felogar online any time too (I guess he's busy leveling his kinless alt Veryacano in Moria Very Happy ).

On the other hand and if you feel like it, I'd appreciate any help in my leveling process. I kind of swore not to buy MoM until Golradir reaches level 50 (currently 35), which means I have a long way to go. So whenever you're online and you feel bored, just come down here and re-experience the old days of leveling cheers Slaying Uruk and trolls never become dull.

Nevertheless it is sad to hear that you'll be showing less IC. I will miss you if you don't show up too much.

P.S. Oh yeah you have night-shifts? Cool, because normally I log most of the time at the moment early in the morning (along with Asurawyn/Asurawen), so if you wake up early you can almost always find me online Smile

Take care and hope to see you soon, dear friend.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:48 am

Btw I am very much enjoying the questing in the caverns of Moria. The atmosphere and the locations are truly stunning, quests are overall quite fun.

Eo, Eregion quests shouldnt take long. Now that its much more quiet in Eregion compared to the first week. I can go questing with you to Eregion with Felo, I know most of the quest locations so it wont be a waste of time. And when you get the book quest I am sure you will enjoy it very much. That is if you'd like...

If you dont, I'll just continue my power-lvling with Veryacano (lvl 53 --> 54) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 am

Yeah Eregion will be quite nice by now, but for Verya and I the fun has just begun... moria is lagging to hell at the moment, so really I suggest if you have not got a good conc, stay out of there for a while... m'kay folks.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Keep power-levelling Verya, I will stay clear from Lotro until next week Razz (yes I'm a real cynical bastard for not playing at all just because I dont want to do quests Razz)
Back to top Go down
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Moria   Stepping down EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 am

Make that two people to help you quest in eregion eo, i have now done all but 1 quest in eregion so i know where everything needed is, and they really dont take long at all, when i started questing i got to 52 in two days, eregion if you do it properly gets you to nearly 54 i have just started the intro quests to moria and half way through 54 now. But im going to slow down because i (a cant find my bloody way around moria (b keeep falling down bloody holes 9c lagg like hell with all the people around (d and finally want to enjoy my moria experience.
So eo don worry about falling behind with leveling because when things slow down in moria it means they will pick back up for lower levels. Books will level you still anyway you must be some way to 51 by now with book ten done Smile

Nemsyn
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:56 am

Aye, I did indeed get to lvl 51 yesterday - thanks to book 10 and the first Volume 2 book to get into Moria...but I'm still aint that thrilled to do quests...but I guess it will change sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 am

My computer has once again come under the will of Sauron and is f*@~#d again, hopefully I can get this bloody sorted. At the moment I can log on every few days so until I get it sorted I cannot commit myself to anything. Sorry guys.
I will keep an eye on the scrolls using my stone age laptop, straight out of the flinstones.
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Stepping down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepping down   Stepping down Empty

Back to top Go down

Stepping down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: