The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

To RP quests

Go down 
+5
Faewulf
Heredryn
Felogar
Falli
Eovind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Alright, this will be quite a moan but here goes...

During the last two days, I have done almost the whole book 10 in a heavy-RP manner, with two men known as Lindeman and Jeric. Today Nemsyn joined us too. And to be honest, this has probably been the funniest days in my Lotro-life yet! To RP all the time, even in combat, is really hard but we have proven it to be functional and very fun if you do it right - if we can do it in the middle of Annuminas, surrounded with lvl 50+ elite Angmarim, we can do it anywhere! Today we also rescued two elves who had trouble with brigands; we saved them from being killed, they thanked us and it really felt like we were doing a difference. I would REALLY want the Council to act in this manner too, although I know its much to ask.

But try it out a few times; do some minor quests and RP your way through it instead of just power-levelling all the time...speak to the NPCs, act like they were real people, and LIVE your character! Think about how he/she would react in that situation and RP thereafter.

I will certainly keep doing the epic books and other quests together with my new-found friends, and I would also like to try it out with you guys sometime, if any of you are willing to of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 am

It is rare that I would disagree with you Eovind, but on this matter I would. I will not RP my way through quests, as it causes so many implications, in that you cant have many people doing the same menial task at the same time, it just doesnt work... apart from in probably Annunminas even so, I personally will not do it, as my character has effectively (ICly) retired from fighting for anything other than his own personal defence. Now what I am saying that what you are doing is not wrong, I personally dont think it will work on the long term.

On that note I wish you luck in this venture, however I severely doubt my advice will be heeded, as I know my opinion is really of such little worth...
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:44 am

Eovind says he has made it work in Annuminas, with +50 Elites all over the place, so I guess its possible. Perhaps not in the most efficent killing manner but sounds more fun this way. I am on Volume 1 Book 9 with Felogar and I might bring him back for some Heavy RP questing. So if anyone is up to it, let me know please..
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 am

You are entitled to your opinion Falli, and you are welcome to do as you please Smile

For me its not about the killing enemys thing or the completion of quests to get awesome rewards with ëpîx proportions, its about the adventure itself and what you can make of it...also, I didnt say you would have to RP EVERY quest - but if you find a quest that suits your character, why not make something good of it instead of just rushing through it?

But then, I also think it takes a special mind to make it work - where I think its the funniest thing in this game, another cant/wont do it for several reasons (like Falli). Everyone is different, and likes different things Smile
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:49 am

I did some Lone-lands quests with another member of TGC some time ago. Really enjoyed it! It's not like you have to type /e on everything you do Smile If the game dispays you being shot by an arrow, you're shot by an arrow. Then the effects can vary alot and you might need to specify if they're important. I sometimes greet and thank my NPC:s before and after talkin to them about a quest when I'm in a RP-mood. To RP during fights and questing takes some practise in talking and running at the same time though. Especially with lvl 50+ elites around you Wink I'm definitly up for RP-questing if anyone wants to. cheers
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:25 pm

actually I do this myself all the time, when Im playing solo I RP with my character through the quests, who said you need 2 to RP? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Way to go, Fae Wink Yeah, I do that too from time to time...or RP with my horse even ^^
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Advantages of having a LM; you always have a cat/bear/raven/eagle to RP with Wink Captains have their herald of course.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 am

Call me ignorant, but thats the first I've ever heard of such a thing Shocked Can you please copy+paste such a 'solo' RP conversation for me here???
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 am

lol!

A small example on RP with yourself and your pet, one I did a long time ago on Weathertop when I was dreadfully bored and lonely...dont remember everything, but it was something like the following, but a while longer...all was made with /e and /say

/Eovind smiles as he watch the sun set on the horizon. His horse looks around nervously and stomps on the ground.

- What's wrong, Alfirin? Do you feel something?

Eovind pats Alfirin on the head and whispers some words of comfort in his ears, while carefully looking around him.

- Dont worry my friend, there is nothing here...come, let us depart...the sun is setting, we should be going home now.

Eovind strokes Alfirin's mane and motions for him to turn around and start to walk off.

Of course this can be stretched into forever, you can do just about anything if you just have some imagination... Smile
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 am

There's no limit to what you can RP with some emotes while questing by yourself. I've jumped down waterfalls to save my lynx from drowning several timed (she can be a bit too eager when it comes to catching fish...), killed off hundreds of wargs in revenge of my fallen falcon who was slain by one (when levling up my LM to the point when she was to switch from falchon to bear) and spent hours by the rivers in Rivendell just talking to my lynx (while waiting for a fellowship to gather or such). Being an elf you can also RP with the wild animals (squirrels, foxes, etc.) since they don't run away from you. Whatever suits your character.
Back to top Go down
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Rping in questies   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 am

To be honest guys yes you can rp doing quests and yes you can rp doing pretty much anything on this game. Some quests are really great because they require you to find things and attack certain points etc, we don't have to use the quest story line but you can use the quest as something to do at an event. I remember when Talus and many others used that instance by the orc camp in north bree land, we didnt follow the story line procisely and made it our own ( i think falli will remember that). But the point of rping is to make the character your own and live the life that they would, now falli made a valid point his charater has given up fighting there for he does not have to rp quest fight no one is forcing you, Eovind is simply putting forward ideas to broaden your rp experience with the glade, we are not forcing anyone to do anything.Plus falli there are non vioplent quests but i get your point Razz. Either way guys there are loads of ways to have fun on this game, its just finding the time to come together and do them, dont rely on the kin to rp, get out there and meet other rpers to widen your own reputations . I know if i mentioned half of the glades members to Larp or any other rpers in the pony or around ered luin they would never of heard of you. LOTRO has a huge rp community and i think one of the next steps for the glade is to get more involved with rping. Now i am aware that most of you want to level your characters up to 60 and yes so do I and even there the questing wont end, but there is always room for rp, recently the rp questing has let me fit in both and thats made me happy as Eovind said. So heres a confidence boost people yes we can level, yes we can rp, so lets get out there and do it all! Very Happy cheers
(apologies for any bad spelling written in a rush)

Nemsyn
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 am

I never knew Eovind and his horse had such a close relationship. Hopefuly I never bump into them in the stables!!!!!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:25 pm

lol! lol! lol!
He got you there Eo!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

No comments on that one, Mav lol!
Back to top Go down
Cainwen
Recruit of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 12:51 am

Can I just say how much I enjoyed RP questing in the Lonelands yesterday. Totally spontaneous and unplanned on my part and all the more enjoyable for it.

Thankfully Eovind didn't bring his horse Shocked rendeer
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:11 am

Glad you liked it Very Happy I saw you stumble into the Pony just as we were about to leave, so I thought I should drag you into it as well.

Please continue to do things like this if you found it funny and rewarding, since this is also a great way to meet new people. Me and Ilrohen had a random dwarf throwing an insult at us while we sat at the fire and talked for example, great fun! If you need help with a quest, think about if it is possible to RP it in some way. I know that many quests are impossible to get good RP from, but some will do fine - like the slaying of the evil warg and the half-orc leader for example. Worked like a charm, and well in line with the Glade's general quest to fight the evil Smile
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:31 am

The random insulting dwarf reminds me of the time I was in Pony with Felogar and a horn playing dwarf mistook Felogar for a woman. One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed in LoTRO.

But a good point about considering random questing an opportunity to RP Eovind. And indeed it is a good way to meet new people. Just look what happened when two hobbit minstrels happened together in the Fields of Fornost.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 4:21 am

When we enter Moria on sunday to rescue Maverickson, there is nothing stopping us from RP-ing some quests in that dark place while we search! So if you have something to do, like the epic books who need a fellowship, we can make a event out of it! Also, as this is the first time IC-ly for some people (Like Eovind, he hasnt officially been into the Mines yet), its fully possible to keep RP-ing in the Mines and Eregion.

Have that in mind when we enter the Mines to find our lost friend Maverickson Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To RP quests Empty
PostSubject: Re: To RP quests   To RP quests Empty

Back to top Go down

To RP quests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: