The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Rift or any other type ofRaiding

Go down 
+3
Felogar
Heredryn
Nemsyn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

Rift or any other type ofRaiding Empty
PostSubject: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Now as you all know we are growing in numbers lately and its brilliant so i want to run by the topic of raiding past you all. With MoM now released there are now raiding oppertunities for level 60's but level 50s can also still raid in the rift, lately i have found its not until you get the new uber set for level 60 does the rift set become obsolete, I think we have some experienced raiders in the group already, but we also have some non experienced and i think it would be a good idea to do some rifting if you guys are up for it, not just for the armour, but for the fun of it and the experience. Plus it is another thing that we can start doing to pull more people in and a very social event. Let me know what you guys think because i would really like to organize something.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm up for it Smile Have been to the rift with my LM before and really enjoyed it. Would love to go there ar Heredryn with people I know better so you've got a minstrel at least Wink
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 3:36 am

I've never been to the rift and have no experience in that whatsoever, but I would very much like to come with you guys. (If there is a spot for someone over lvl 50) Also, I am available for any high level instances you need help with, like: Carn Dum or Annuminas. I can also help with other lower lvl instances, just let me know previously or improvise Smile
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:25 am

Been to Rift ones, got ganked at the 3rd boss but loved the place. I am most definitely in if we are ever heading there. Or anywhere else for that matter...
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 am

I can probably lend an experienced hand in the rift, if it is wanted/needed... and Humph, I didnt even know it was possible to wipe on the 3rd boss, even with a PUG. Nevermind.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Mandergar
Member of the Council

PostSubject: Mandolas/Mandoo   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:23 am

Ello,

Mandolas has been up to nailing Thrang (and nailed him) and would happily assist in the rift or any other Raiding easily.

In the Rift mandolas still needs the helm and sword think it is.

how we did it before was 2 of each class and entered rift twice a week, we took turns to get the B-O-A tokens etc until everyone had all the goodies. Obviously this means a lot of weeks where some get nothing, but if everyone agrees and sticks to the weekly raid then everyone soon has most bits.

Mandoo would also come along if you needed a burgie, although mandolas has the protection needed in the Rift so would make sense as your main tank if required.

Either way im up for raiding, even if we going to Helegrod etc Smile

One thing I would say if we venture into the Rift, traits and skills need adjusted for the kind of bad asses you will meet in there, its a nasty place, co-ordination and teamwork is essential! It woudl also be very advisable to have voice comms if poss, either ingame or preferrably Teamspeak/ventrillo as no-one will have time to type mssges. The Rift is very rewarding but can be very expensive on repairs (esp tanks! lol) food and supplies is essential (hope pots etc)
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:50 am

Oh man, if Heredryn goes raiding she will never let me play with Eovind again...

I'm not that interested though; I dont find it particularly funny, it takes too much time and having to, as Mandergar said, change equipment, traits and skills and all that makes me think "Nah". Not my cup of tea, and besides, I hate tea.

But have fun with your raiding anyhow, and PLEASE do not drag in Heredryn all the time...I want to play too...
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 am

You can always lvl Denholm the last lvls Wink Hardly think we'll be going on raids every day so you'll have time to play Eo as well. Eovind on kinship meetings and Heredryn on raids. To me that's a fair deal. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

PostSubject: Rift Raid Response   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:29 am

I'm glad about all the enthusiasm with replies, it seems we have no shortage of tanks for the rift which is good news, and Heredryn is a much needed minstrel , another one is definetly needed though, but we don't have to all be in the kin from this raid, if worst comes to the worst we can ask others. We definetly need two loremasters, and i have always been whens theres a burg and we have a nice supply of them aswell so that will be nice. A part from that all other classes are welcome some bosses woukld be advised to have a hunter but they are not NEEDED but preferable. I'm sure everyone will have an oppertunity those that are interested on the same night or different nights.
My brother is up for leading us on the ventrillo mic system as he is more experienced than I about the rift, unless anyone else experienced like falli etc wants to lead then I' am up for that no hesitation.
As i have said this will be a great oppertunity for the kin to get people raiding and being abit more social with each other. I have noticed that there are quite a few people who have decided to stay aroun level 50 whether they have bought MoM or not. This is another reason these people still have the oppertunity to raid with us aswell as hiigh levels being able to do their own thing. I for one already have a rift raiding grouip and soon wil be all leveled to 60 and trying to get the new uber set, and we will all return to the rift. But in the mean time at least for the next 6 months my raid group will not be rifting. My brother has a very peculiar work system and strangley i have the same but on different circumstances. One week we will be entirely free for rift raiding and such monday til sunday. But the next week we will be only to manage one night witjhin monday to friday. Then again the next week we will have every night. That is how it would continue and has continued for about a year now with me. None the less int he lesser week i still catch up on forum activity and my mail. So if you have anything urgent to tell me just mail me or post a thread.
I'm really happy about the response guys keep it coming, I'm really excited about this and i believe we can do it if we try, after all quite alot of us have now level atleast one level above 50, in the rift that will make alot of difference be sure. But that doesnt mean the mincers job is any eaier Here Wink.
Anyway guys got to dash post any replies or questions and feel free to start discussing dates and posting when your available as you can tell I'm eager to get going. Smile
Nemsyn.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 am

*sigh*

I might as well just stop playing this game and give leadership to Nem. If you lot are going to raid every day you will need Heredryn, making it impossible for me to play anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:15 am

I just wish you guys were lvl 59-60s so we could farm Moria instances. If you have finished the instance once, you get a key to get to the final boss and its the final boss that is the hardest and which drops the crazy loot!!! Its so much fun to do those with a kin, feeling of accomplishment after killing a huge spider with lots of AoE acid damage, best loot available, lots of weapon XP all packed in one instance which doesnt take more than 20 minutes in hard mode (farm mode) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:58 am

Nemsyn wrote:
in the rift that will make alot of difference be sure. But that doesnt mean the mincers job is any eaier Here Wink.

Nope, it just means people will need more healing before they're fully healed Wink I will have alot to do...

Eo will still have time to play when we're not going to the rift (let's face it, I will not have time to go there every day no matter what).

I haven't fully understood the thing with Ventrilo since I've never used it myself. What's wrong with the in game voice chat? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 am

Heredryn wrote:
Eo will still have time to play when we're not going to the rift

That's exactly what worries me.
Back to top Go down
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

PostSubject: blah blah blah can't think of a topic title   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 8:22 am

Eo don worry rift only takes two nights to do then need to wait week for reset, we won't be rift raiding all the time, or any raiding all the time, I dont think we are all capable of being on that often Razz but eo now worries honestly just because we start raiding doesn't mean everything else will be lost its just another factor and we want you as leader and as friend to be part of everything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 am

Plus that I'm not the only minstrel in the council. Adeldal is at least 50 (I think?) and Hambrand isn't far from it either (lvl 41 now right?).
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Aye, Hambrand is 41 as is Mandegar. And of some of us know minstrels from other kins to ask for help if needed. Smile

I must say I am looking forward to this. I have been playing more with my other characters lately, but the times I am on in the Glade, it seems we have been again losing some of our active players.

And Felogar, we will get to the instances in Moria in due time. Rushing into them is what kills the mood for playing for me. Nowadays at least.
Back to top Go down
Mandergar
Member of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 4:16 am

Actually this a raises an interesting point.

haam and myself have 41 minsts and denholm is same level if we could power level those 3 chars to 50 and gear them up etc they would be a big boost in raids.

Ill take any char that is required I dont mind.

Mandoo has a not bad dps and can stun for long periods so always good to have along in a raid.

Main thing we need is power regen in all forms and hope pots by the bucketload, as well as good cor-ordination.

Eo, im sure we would both assist you getting denholm up to raiding levels as our 3 way fighting force is pretty unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 am

To resurrect this little topic...

Nemsyn asked me to talk to lord Anglachelm to see if there was a spot free for her, so I did - with some success. Nemsyn will hopefully start going on some regular Moria instances with the Vanimar kin now when their Champion apperantly wont be able to play for a while, and maybe they can take some other people along when they go. Someone might be travelling out of town and not be able to play one night etc. So if anyone want the chance to raid together with a experienced group that do regular runs in the Moria instances, I suggest that you speak to lord Anglachelm of Vanimar (or ask me and I will talk to him first) and see if they can arrange something.

They have asked me and others for help earlier, and its a great opportunity to learn more of them and at the same time give aid to our noble allies.
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:19 am

I've grouped with some of the Vanimar couple of times, once in Urugarth and not so long ago I had the pleasure of doing volume 2 book 4 chapter 7 with them. Definitely ppl worth grouping with if you get the chance.

Last time I was with them they used Ventrilo for speaking so I was left out of that since I didn't have it. It worked fine despite of that, but naturally would've been smoother had I had it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rift or any other type ofRaiding   Rift or any other type ofRaiding Empty

Back to top Go down

Rift or any other type ofRaiding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: