The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Unforeseen absence!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Unforeseen absence! Empty
PostSubject: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 am

Dear friends and Kin,

It's been a long time since I checked the forums or went online, but I'm afraid that this absence will be delayed due to serious problems on my computer.

I recently received for my birthday a new graphic card (nVidia GTX 260) along with a new motherboard to handle it, but unfortunately the dumb computer guy who installed everything "forgot" to tell me to move all my critical data or back them up before he replaced the motherboard, so I'm stuck now with unreadable drives, where my LotRO is installed and all my other personal data are stored.

So, here I am writing to you from my laptop, and trying at the same time with all possible software to restore my sensitive data, and afterwards install LotRO with all possible updates (which will probably take forever), so I hope you all excuse me for not showing up in the near future for any Grand Assemblies or in-game meetings or RP-event. However I will be checking the forum often to advise and lend any off-game help possible.

I apologise again and hope to overcome this huge hurdle soon. Thank you all for your understanding.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 am

Damn. That is just plain awful. I wish you best of luck with getting your precious data back.

Some time ago I lost my hard drive during hardware update. Windows just couldn't find it anymore. Luckily with thorough research through Microsoft's support forums I was able to get my hard drive back online.

Perhaps Mandregar can lend a helping hand also. He tinkers with computer for living Smile Might just know something about then. At least one would think he might know. Of course as a tech guy at my work I know it is usually next to impossible to help someone from afar. For me at least. But then again I am the tech guy just because I seem to get things to work, not because I have training for it. And it's not what I mainly do for living. And here I go rambling about myself when you are the one with troubles. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:50 am

Yes, indeed it can be a suffering those hard drives, I hope you will be able to recover your personal data Golradir and back with us soon.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 7:26 am

At least you character won't be lost (like in most other games). Did you have anything saved on your laptop or just on the main computer? Hate changing motherboards. Everything is still installed on the hard drive but risk is that nothing is readable. Hope you get it all back. TGC is waiting for you.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:01 am

Thank you all for your worries but I believe I managed to get 80-90% of my data back... I'm installing the latest patches for LotRO in order to join the foray at last... I managed to get everything working, and now I have a new motherboard and a GTX260 graphic monster ready to show me the wonders of Middle Earth cheers

However, my existence online would be somehow limited due to semester exams, but during the holidays I'll definitely show up more often... Golradir must level!

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year santa

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 6:44 am

Finally. some good news. Smile Great that you didn't lose all your data.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 8:01 am

Great Golradir! Very Happy Hope you didn't lose anything of value with those 10-20%. Looking forwards to seing you back in middle earth again Smile
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 am

Great to hear, will be nice to have you back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unforeseen absence!   Unforeseen absence! Empty

Back to top Go down

Unforeseen absence!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: