The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Recruiting with style :P

Go down 
+2
Palantirr
Turuviel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

Recruiting with style :P Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Leveling my farming skills for almost 2 hours I had some time to think of a idea, seems to be very much according to our story.

Besides the recruitment based on OOC friendship I was thinking of directed invitation to ppl, via IG mail

WHO?
-You see someone RPing in the Pony or random place a type of char suited to TGC style
-You want to recruit someone more but want to make this more IC, dramatical and interesting

HOW
-This is a first draft of a text, will edit according to feed-back
"Friend, you seem to hold dear values that lead other steps too. Is more than walls of stone and the order of societies that are threathened today and failing in the defence of this deeper foundations of our lives will make no other victory or resistence matter. If this is and echo to your own feelings join us and use the strengt of your arm for what matters most to protect. You can meet us at PLACE on DATE, from HOUR to HOUR. The Glade Council"
Letter contains a flower as attachment (believe me I have plenty)
-This will lead at a very nice IC meeting from start which I bet many will love

WHEN
-DOWNSIDE: this we can make after we recover a bit more and get into some rithm and we are very sure we keep the meetings is a suitable formula (don't worry, as a secret/discrete group we are if we are 4-5 there is already believable IMO)

WHY
-Respects perfectly the mysterious, discrete, oriented on protection of nature specific of TGC
-Allows anyone to come with any story, be it as member or ally.
-he can be IC "warden of gondor" for example and still member of TGC
-he can decline OOC to join us but remain a friend of the Glade IC
-Maybe some sign (no uniform!!!) can be added to be a signal between us
-phisical -not that great idea- some detail like shoulderpads or cloak
-pretended -in bio- some indication for example "wears a tiny silver broach in the form of a flower"
I say this because when I wanted to team up with and went to we solved it with a Very Happy Ingenious but maybe we can do even better? Smile

Waiting feedback Wink

BTW: I counted how many members logged in the last 2 weeks (I wanted make some nice use of the product of my Farmercraft lvling Wink ) Almost 20 (17 irc). TGC is not so deserted.
See you at the meeting, I'll do my best to be there even if with a delay.

Last edited by Turuviel on Mon May 04, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:08 am

Very nice idea Turuviel. Indeed the Glade is not yet dead and its spirit is fighting for all its worth. I have met many former members of the Glade on the Spear&Sword and RPed or quested with them (thanks Eovind Wink ).

I just wish Codemasters would create something specific and customizable for Kinships, similar to the tabards one can create for a guild in WoW... maybe then the Glade can create their own ceremonial robes or cloaks with a special mark on them. Seems Codemasters haven't reached this point yet *sigh*.

Anyways, Palantirr was very often in Middle Earth this week and worked on leveling his deeds and crafts (journeyman tailor, forester and prospecter cheers ), and on this trip he visited the starting places of almost every race and found many aspiring players searching for a Kinship. He approached some of them and asked about their expectations, and almost everyone replied: "they have high levels who can help me level, and then raid"!!!

So unfortunately the new generation of players are looking to reach Moria as fast as possible, and they also want to blast through the game's instances, book quests...etc to become the uber-heroes!! RP interests them only after they've achieved a certain level (60 Smile ).

As Turuviel previously mentioned, I guess we need to spread out in the different hang-out places like the Pony and watch the kinless players who RP there and then approach them discreetly and in a way that would convince them we're a small but influential Kinship Smile

Keep on the ideas going and hope to meet you IC soon.

Palantirr Longstride
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptySun May 03, 2009 4:14 am

Well a nucleus of high lvls I saw we have and they all seemed nice to me Very Happy And we can also use our high lvl alts to help if they learn to ask in Spear&Sword also. But we should aim from start for those who like the story also IMO. They are less likely to leave at first thing that does not work exactly as expected.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:04 am

IG mail is a brilliant idea! With all the recruitment experience I have, I never thought of that! Thanks Turu!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:20 am

that's a brilliant idea! and it fits us perfectly!

There's only one problem, and that's the meetings, for example if the person doesnt reply to our mail to say yes or no then we dont know if theyre going to come so how long do we wait?
We should say in the mail come here between x and y times so that we dont end up sitting there all night Razz

But yeah great idea, makes us seem like some secret society or something Smile
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:52 am

Well about meetings:
-Yes, we should say in mail we meet at X hour and expect to be there until Y hour, I updated in initial text
-We should use our own meetings for this, we keep the meeting for our own fun, if the invited ppl come up fine, if they don't np. We should pick such places to enjoy some storytelling or plot development.

(I might confess that even if I am the slowest leveler ever I did manage to gather a bit of exp in one year of LOTRO as officer and event organizer for 2 kins, plus my own little inactive Merriment kin, this is why I try to bring here the ideas I liked in my previous exp. I am glad you like them. Other idea I took from the Riders and already started doing it for the 3 new recruits yesterday is IG mail to introduce new recruits : lets them know they are important, lets all know we gather new ppl, gives all of us a nice read as they are mostly IC. Usually the officer recruiting the guys does it, of course if he forgets c'est la vie, is only a game.
Btw, Home of Merriment is open to all to use as a Inn type meeting place even if a bit staff-less usually. The story is all get themselves a drink from kinchests and leave RP money (I mean no payment is required, you can just pretend you leave money, are only cheapest drinks and food IG there) for it as they want the lovely establishment to continue to exist. The owner is Ancuta and her uncle before her had the Inn. Feel free to use, Baring, 8 Long Street, Breeland)
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:46 am

Besides the original idea with the IG directed mail what do you guys think of rising chances to grow fast our number trough some classical Codemasters forum recruitment? I took the story on the homepage, shortened it and added a few eye-catching phrases on our specific.
If you like the idea, is any of you active on Codemasters forum? I answer already on recruitment threads of Eriador Army and the Riders of Riddermark and posted once or twice as Ancuta for Merriment so maybe would be better someone more "TGC only" to handle that one to avoid the (meh.. correct I guess Sad ) impression I put eggs in too many nests and the conclusion I am not serious about any that will follow. I can read the thread and look in game for the guys replying but I think is better someone else to be the main voice there..

The story of The Glade Council was started over 500 years ago by an elven scout known as Mithrelas. Mithrelas Faerondarl was 1386 years old, he grew up within the woodland realm of Mirkwood. Although fairly young, Mithrelas had advanced knowledge of combat and had proven his leadership skills to many of his kinsmen when he was appointed leader of a compnay of Elves appointed with the task to retake the ruined tower of Cirith Ungol. The Glade Council became part of Mithrelas' life when he was sent by his lord to help fight the Evil spawning all over Bree-Land. As a wood elf Mithrelas set up camp in Eryn Vorn rather than paying for a room in the Prancing Pony. The trees of Eryn Vorn then spoke to the Elf and warned him of powerful evil forces corrupting the world. He became aware of the real threat of the Shadow as many orc invaders tried to slay him in his sleep. The orcs were sent to the forest by an unknown enemy, to cut down the trees and use them to fuel their black forges. Mithrelas understood he had to protect the Forest. One dusky evening he came across a fellowship of travellers, they too claimed to be understand the dangers threatening the forest and were also determined to protect it from harm. A kinship was forged and remains strong to this day.

In time others have pledged their allegiance to the Council and fight united against the forces of evil, discretely, efficiently, deadly.The Glade Council has a unique fighting style. Unlike most town-based military kinships, the Council specialize in ambush warfare. These tactics are adopted by the kinsmen to quickly slay oncoming enemy who threaten their woodland homes without been seen. The Glade Council relies more on cunning and knowledge of the area instead of brute force and numbers, but they are ready to face Evil in the open ground when needed. Having members from all places and backgrounds, from Wardens of Gondor to defenders of the Mines and from Elfs to few bold hobbits adventuring beyond their borders, the Council is led by the Circle of the Elders, whose chief is High Seat, a leader amongst equals. Common values hold place of shining uniforms and orders. Experience with facing the wilderness and those threatening it both compensates lack of long drill hours. They gather when needed, communicate the dangers they get knowledge of to their comrades and keep their connections throughout Middle Earth, many keeping secret from many their allegiance to this group.

OOC : The Glade Council is a kinship whose members share a passion for role-playing, mature (both as max lifespan of kinship and behavior of members) small today but with a beautiful history behind, getting again more active and hopefully gathering more players. We have fun together, host rp events, help our members to the best of our means. We have a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and hold no rules on a minimum of time online. We hold ceremonial rituals to accept new members, where they must recite the Glade Vow. We are always glad to welcome new friends of the forest so if you would like to join us please feel free to apply by posting a message in the "Recruitment" area of our forum (https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com/forum.htm), post here or /tell one of our officers in game (Felogar, Plantirr, Turuviel... will copy everybody once I get in game)

Open for feed-back also Smile
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah I think that's a good idea - the more methods of recruitment the better, unfortunately im not really active on the codemasters forums...
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:08 am

Anyone can offer to post this on Codemasters and give it a reply/bump from time to time?
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:39 pm

I wrote a recruitment post on the CM Laurelin forum and will take responsibility to check and bump it if neccesary Smile
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:38 am

As I mentioned at yesterday's kin meet and now my r/l work has calmed down I shall be devoting some time to recruitment. This was the first kin I joined at the very young age of 17 and I regard it and its members, past and present, with considerable affection. I hope that we can together grow in numbers and strength and so ensure that our pledge to protect our forests is fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:20 am

Eovind wrote:
I wrote a recruitment post on the CM Laurelin forum and will take responsibility to check and bump it if neccesary Smile

Thank you Eo ! Smile
BTW, the link is : http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352573 All of us those who can recruit could look there when they have the time to see if we have applications and contact IG those responding. We got till now a kind recommendation from the leader of the Rangers (very nice of him)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting with style :P   Recruiting with style :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting with style :P
Page 1 of 1