The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Planning the Glade's Meetings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Planning the Glade's Meetings Empty
PostSubject: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello my dear Kin,

This is the new thread in which we plan our next meetings. Please try to agree on a date in which the majority shows up. I also wish that everyone write here whether they were coming or not, in order to organize our numbers.

In the future I will try to organize a calendar-function (similar to WoW) in which we can also enter suggested date for everyone to see without having to search in the forums.

Cheers!

Palantirr Longstride
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:11 am

So.. with the last of the meetings already set being tomorrow we should set next ones.

-Twice a week sounds good to all? (keeping in mind anyway most can't make it to all of them)
-Should we keep moving them to see when they get most attendance or try to fix them?
-Should we keep one in WE and one in workdays or vary this also?

And I think we should get some stories going to have something to play with at meetings. I will confess yesterday we were only 3, pretty much without ideas and the meeting was short and not very spectacular compared to the first one I attended, we chatted a bit, then Asura kindly offered to help Turu on some quests, pretty OOCly (Lhun had to log early, btw good luck again Lhun with the theater play on Saturday!) The meeting I missed last week I understand was not a meeting IC at all in the end.

Ideas? Plans? When you want (can attend) meetings and what should we do with them: RP/ IC questing / quest helping? All three with a bit of imagination and passion? Very Happy Waiting for answers..
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:33 am

We could always start easy, with something that we actually are supposed to do.

Like going out in Falathlorn, exploring and survey the lands. Camping a bit, telling stories under the stars, fight some evil goblins or whatever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:27 am

.. and yesterday meeting we did part of that and was superb! Smile

Cirdamir (for those who do not know he is alt of Eovind, last High Seat of TGC) was the one to take initiative to set us in motion (me, my cousin Elais I finaly met and Amanorel) He showed his concern for TGC not having a High Seat present to coordinate our efforts and mainly offered for the job, still accepting he needs to prove his worth first. After ice broken -with some goblin hunting (meeting also a bugged dwarf who refused to die to lvl 59 cousin El plus our lvl ~=15 efforts, rising our suspicions on why such a skilled warrior was in a random camp and what he needed to protect so dearly to figth with such determination and escaping in the end, probably with that precious object)- we really had fun IC questing most of elven prologue. We all loved it. We naturally had the idea to try the same with all books, remains to be seen how this can be done technicaly but is indeed very pleasant.

So.. when next? Very Happy
We had now a series of : Monday, April 27th, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET) - 4-6 people online
Sunday, May 3rd, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET)
Thursday, May 7th, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET)
Saturday, May 9th, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET)

Should we try a to see if is convenient to more?
Tuesday, May 12, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET)
Saturday, May 16, 4 GMT - 7 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET) !!!EDITED FOR AFTERNOON!!
Wednesday,May 20, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET)
Friday, May 22, 7 GMT - 10 GMT (8 CET - 11 CET) ---> Here I take Friday for WE day, migth get more online than Sunday and to a later hour.

Awaiting feed-back Smile

Last edited by Turuviel on Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:41 am

I'm really sorry for passing out yesterday's meeting due to a RL engagement. However, Tuesday evening would be most convenient for me, 7PM GMT I will log on and head to Bree Town and await all the logging members at the entrance to the Prancing Pony, or will greet them as they enter the Kin Hall.

Hope you all show up Smile

Palantirr
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:32 am

And here once again my stupid work hours screw things up. I wont be home from work until midnight (at GMT +1, so its very late, usually none is online by that time) all days, except for friday which is free, as well as the weekend if there's not any overtime to be had.

So I have to vote for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:36 pm

I have the same chances to be online on all evenings (that is if I don't get urgent stuff that keep me at work to 22-23 and a meeting/conference next morning at 9 Laughing So feel free to edit and announce in game (MOTD/mail), calendar, here etc. whatever dates are more convenient to more of you.
Back to top Go down
Cainwen
Recruit of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:00 am

Evenings are a no go for me 95% of the time. Any chance of scheduling something for a weekend afternoon?
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:28 am

Sounds good! Log on and we'll do something Smile On Sunday we were 3-4 spontaneously online all morning and that is as much as any of the latest meetings gathered. However we all sort of vanished at around 1-2 PM GMTnot sure if the rest returned, I could only log again in the evening. We started Book1 with the intention of RPing doing it but sort of finished it only 2 of us and pretty much OOC and .. minimalist,was nice but the prologue was much more spectacular the evening before Very Happy We just had no inspiration. Maybe that Strider guy will need our services again Smile (Hm, as born and raised in Rivendell I should know who the guy is or not? confused )
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:17 am

I did not have the time to log to also give IG mail or set MOTD but maybe someone did Smile
*hoping we'll have good fun tonight*
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:11 pm

I've just been screwed concerning overtime work, apperantly I *must* work almost every single day, and especially the weekends, during the rest of the month = not much Lotro for me, I will likely just sleep or have nightmares about an endless amount of money flying before my eyes. How is that a nightmare then? Because I print banknotes and we are far behind schedule due to the massive problems the new printing press provides...I hate new machines, they never work as they are intended to.

Me not happy.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:04 am

sunny Will pass! Seems RL conspires against us all... I have a impossible to meet dead-line on Friday also, and as the work will not be ready in time means 11-12h/day until it does. But what does not kill one makes him stronger! Take care and CU IG when you escape the messy shedule!

(Sorry for last night, my ISP conspired against our meeting, I got disconnected at about 8:30 and could not connect back)
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:18 am

It seems Morgoth conspires against the Glade and the dark tower has directed its eye upon our meetings. On Saturday I will be able only to log on evenings, while on Sunday I'll try to be there in the noon/afternoon periods... hopefully some of you will be there and we can do something useful.

Take care everyone and see IG. Like a Star @ heaven

Palantirr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning the Glade's Meetings   Planning the Glade's Meetings Empty

Back to top Go down

Planning the Glade's Meetings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: