The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

The Laurelin Herald

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yennaidh
Ally of the Council
Yennaidh

The Laurelin Herald Empty
PostSubject: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 am

I don't know if any of you (apart from Turu:P) cruise the official forums, but this http://laurelin-herald.blogspot.com/ idea had cropped up, which is in my opinion a great idea with huge potential!
Here is the thread about it: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360682

And remember, you have to tell the writer so they can include things, might be a good way to subtly get the Council some adoration.... pirat
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 8:02 am

I like the way you think Very Happy Seems we get a PR committee in construction here Razz But remember is a newspaper of things that happened in Middle Earth. So we'd better make some thinks happen ;Wink

Writing about doing IC the Books content is a bad idea - that we do it for fun is ok but remember how would be to write each 3 days in The Herald some X killed Sambrog. So we should have some other plots also. Who wanna get lost in Moria? Razz Or Old Forest at least for a more decent level required? Smile
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

For the record I read the CM Forums much, and well it seems like an alright idea, I just dont think it is the next best idea after sliced bread (mmm, toast tongue ) anyway, there is always something going on in the life of Falli, like recently being stabbed through the leg by a sword, or being thrown from his horse down a hill (his luck is not good at the moment), or being banned from the pony after intimidating one of the staff members, I have heaps of this stuff... I just cant be arsed asking for it to be put up.

Now... where did that toast go?
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 am

Some more thoughts on this:
TGC has a lot of charm being more a "secret society" than a "everybody knows us by our shining uniforms" thing. Me a guardian of Celondim, Palantirr a warden of the White Tower.. IMO we should keep it like this, is original, special. So we should not have our members posting or even talking with a reporter of TGC in clear. Roumors are a better way.

And for this I have an idea: Home of Merriment (my Ancuta's Inn) or the Pony. Ancuta or some member of Cym's kin. Another layer of gossip. Someone who overhears us talking of some adventures or plans, notices the identical silvery flowers some wear (if you guys like the idea, you can copy paste description from Turu's bio), gossips further to that reporter of The Herald that has his nose everywhere Razz Something like:

" Some fellows use to meet here from time to time. Quite a strange group. And every time others.. you can say they are in some sort of fellowship because there are always 1-2 that are the same as last time. And I noticed some wear some broches very similar. They are small and discrete, they are barely visible on the collar under their long hair or hidden by a fold of their cloaks. But you know washing the dishes is not that interesting job so I keep an eye on the travelers that stop here.. Last time they were more than usual and they seemed concerned. From what I heard one of their friends was in great danger and they were making plans how to rescue him/her.. Maybe they are of those legendary Rangers? I don't know.. I heard those keep away from cities and don't join common men armies.. one of this men wears an uniform of Gondor but I do not know their signs so well to tell you if he is of high rank or maybe even a deserter wearing the uniform just because is a good set of clothing. What am I saying? Of course he is not.. He is such a nice fellow.. and is none of my business to care of a customer's past as long as he minds his own business and pays his ale.. I should get back to cleaning the place, there will be soon crowded again around here."

On Ancuta of course I have better control. But she is supposed to be a bit smarter and classy than to spread out the secrets of her customers she happens to overhear. There's also her waitress Catterine, still almost a child who might not get the importance of clients trust and speak easier Smile Cym is also a sweet and I'm sure given a proper /tell she will be more than happy to ear drop and pass on the information Smile

Feed-back time! Smile Let's plot!
Back to top Go down
Yennaidh
Ally of the Council
Yennaidh

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:36 am

*raises hand with dumb question*
Is there some kind of plot going on already? With the rescue being mentioned?
There are a few things out in bree land you could make something out of, after all there seems to be a permanent fixture of Blackwolds/brigands.
I like the idea of the old forest too, we jst have to come up with something to happen in there....
Yennaidh does have a sister that could run away...
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 am

No plot active from what I know kin-wide.

Eovind left and noone knows about him (I think he tries to find a way back to Rohan with The Riders of Riddermark). And as former High-Seat many keep asking some considering him a deserter and some trusting he has a reason for his disappearance and silence.

Yennaidh asking the help of The Glade members to find her missing sister sound good to me. If is also your char you would have to switch at some point on her to find her but is not reason we can't have good fun 1-2 meetings on this then gossip about in the Pony. We might even pick up some spontaneous help -recruits/allies- there if we are heard talking of this Wink
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:53 am

first you need to get more of your people into active RP bounce
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:07 am

Indeed Falli. And what's even more difficult have them online at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 am

Well this two could go together I think: plotting and getting online together and doing something together. Many of TGC chars are alts for RP. I play Turu for the nice RP and for the nice plots I know TGC had. And from those 3-4 meetings I got to be in I have some of the nicest memories in game, the deeper the plot the better: the debates on why is Eovind missing and the consequences-establishing a new leadership- speaking of Turuviel's uncle, meeting Turuviel's cousin, exploring connections among chars -who knew who, what each of them did, where each is.. Is pretty boring to just lvl another char solo or with OOC help, even a huntress that is new to me.. So maybe some stories could drag us back together. We were at some times 2-3 online, maybe more, but just did not have a established story to play with, a reason to meet, to do something together. And no one had any spontaneous ideas. Plus the known problem of few online in general during summer.

But I think we should not hijack the thread with who can be online when and what plot he would prefer. Let's do this in some kin meeting thread and here keep only debate on if or what we will share with that newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 am

A friend of Eovind will soon spread some rumours about his whereabouts... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laurelin Herald   The Laurelin Herald Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laurelin Herald
Page 1 of 1