The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

The End????

Go down 
+2
Faewulf
Felogar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: The End????   The End???? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Greetings,

Friends I have something important I have to say. As Asurawyn left, Angharat is now the leader. In the last months I have seen our most commited members of TGC leave the kin or leave lotro. We have no activity in game or in forums. Nobody turns up at events, we barely have anyone online in the last weeks.

I have been here in TGC for a long time and TGC has had some bad times which ended with someone taking responsibilty and stepping up. Once it worked and TGC was revived. We have been there again and again afterwards and now it seems absolutely pointless and hopeless to me. I have always been the most faithful about TGC and it makes me very sad; I think it is the end of TGC...

I propose we make one last goodbye ceremony in TGC Glade in Chetwood. We say our last words for TGC and go our ways. So nobody goes through logging in and being all alone in the kin. Hopefully people can have more fun out of Lotro in other kinships.

If there are some who would like to try and keep TGC alive, Its very welcome, but I am very very sorry to say that I am through. If we do not disband, I will leave to join TGC's ally, the kinship of Vanimar. I do believe everyone will agree to disband but I dont expect many to attend to a last goodbye meeting for TGC. Still I'd appritiade anyone showing up as it would mean a lot to me.

Please reply as soon as possible

Felogar
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

I have to agree Felogar, I've stayed with the council through it's worst moments (although I havent been that active the last few months I admit) but to be honest I don't really see it becoming what it once was again, so it probably is best to just end it, although it is quite sad as the glade has had some great times, but yeah I think this is the best idea and I'll come to the event for sure.
Back to top Go down
Angharat
Recruit of the Council

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:59 am

Mae Govannen,

As sad as it is to me, as some of my most fond memories are connected to this kin, it is part of the past for me.

In my mind I will always see the times when Felogar was the leader and the connection between it's member was strong.

Of course Felogars decision is my decision and as we are moving on to Lothlorien, it might have been a good- bye anyway, at least for some time.

I hope to see some of you for a farewell in the Glade and if not - safe travels. Until we meet again - somewhere in Middle-Earth.

Angharat

OOC: As you might know I never wanted to be a leader as I don't have the time (or the motivation) to do it properly, and then I rather don't do it at all. If somebody wants to take over, let me know, otherwise I might transfer it back to Felogar, just for the good-bye meeting.
Foremost I want to thank Felogar for all the work he put into this kin - and for the memories.
And I want to thank the people I met during roleplay events before and after becoming a member - those experiences were incredible and I will always remember them.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 am

Unfortunately what you say is true... It is such a beautiful story.. and it is sad it does not have the strength to continue.. but indeed it seems noone can invest enough to revive it this time and summer is an awful time to try to get a kin moving, even the strongest have problems.

I will gladly join you to say goodbye to TGC. I did not spend much time with you but I loved it as much as it was... who knows what time will bring.. but indeed we all have to little time to be leaders and a kin does tot work without some strong and active leaders.

And with the story allowing us all to have some other "main job" Smile Turu will keep her silvery flower and gladly respond to the call of the former members of The Glade Council Smile
Back to top Go down
Elgost
Recruit of the Council
Elgost

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 am

Sadly I won't be able to be there as I've de-activated my account. Too busy with RL things so I wouldn't have much time to play and it'd be a waste of money.

I plan on coming back when things settle down a bit more though its a shame there won't be a GC to come back to. Though to be honest I never thought it would last as long as it did. Its gone through many ups and downs and it was Felogar and Eovind who managed to keep it alive since Mithrelas left lotr. I would have taken role as leader myself too which would hopefully have kept it going, though as I mentioned RL stopping me greatly right now. . Also I'm more of an advisor than a leader =p.

My possible biggest mistake was killing off Elgost, Ic'ly he always had much random advice to give people in times of trouble (A morale booster) Elais is a little bit more reserved and only speaks when he feels the need to.

Now my thoughts on TGC's fate:

I think really it should be disbanded now, its been a fun run as we can all admit. Somethings just have to come to an end in time. Better to move onto other things TGC ended up becoming mostly ALTs (Or at least when I was last playing for a short time). All the main members who have been in it from the near start have left to go elsewhere and the Kins spirit has long since died (At least how I feel). No doubt we'll all keep a good friendship IC and OOC no matter what kinships we join (Or don't join).

As Elgost would say "It does not matter what path you walk in life, as long as you hold the values of the Council at heart. . You will always keep that sacred bond to the Glade".

I'll keep in touch. Take care everyone.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 am

As Valdras said he is not really a forum user I think I should update you. I was telling him yesterday of the most probable decision to disband TGC and he insisted to try to help avoid it as he has now much time available and also dear memories of TGC. I recruited him but I cannot make him officer to try to recruit. I am not sure this has a chance.. 1-2 men have little chance to make a kin work but is up to you all what we do next.

Valdras Elenol = RL and IG brother of Elerdir (Elerdir= Turuviel's father) and IG brother also to Elgost. They 3 and a sister that left game later played a lot together long ago from the stories I hear (background info for those of us newer to the story) He played kinless for a long time.

My Driadriel also was kinless for some time and I did not mind this at all, and Turuviel was in Merriment, a kin declared inactive and kept for the kinhouse, sort of anex to Riders of Riddermark. So I have no problem to keep them in an inactive TGC if this can be of use and offer whatever help I can - but I do have little time to play. I offer. I am not very sure it has any chance but I anyway do not intend to put either Dri or Turu in a kin demanding a certain amount of activity as I cannot guarantee it...and most kins do. If for some reason we want some "keepers" of TGC we can do this. If we better disband it now -too many want to leave, and I think about all of the "old guard" what would remain would not be really TGC- and who knows maybe start everything again after some time if we miss TGC enough or just go separate ways.. I do not know to say what is the best. Valdras(lvl60) is a main (and only char played from what I know). Dri(lvl 58) is my highest lvl char even if I consider Ileen my current main. Turu (lvl25) was created just as daughter to Elerdir and I leveled her only due to TGC activity (and inactive or not is some >10 lvls gathered with you guys Smile )

What you guys think best taking Valdras's (and mine) offer into account?
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:10 am

I'd be willing to give it a go, maybe with a main char as leader we might get somewhere, but I left on my alt/future main corusael, which leaves fae as the only char I currently have in the glade, I'm willing to keep him there as I'm leveling other chars atm anyway, I wont be on as much on fae of course now but I'll try to log in once every other night for an hour or two.
I'm willing to try anything to keep the glade alive, but like you said, so many have left that im not sure if it's worth it anymore...
But I guess it's worth a try, we have nothing to lose right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:23 am

Val is online regularly 10PM-0AM GMT from what I saw (plus during the day when I am at work so I have no idea Very Happy) I'll do my best to stay on Turu/Dri this hours. We can give it one more try if all agree..
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:55 pm

So what's being done about this? We need to make a decision...
I'm really think it might just be best to end it...
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:28 am

Nothing much unfortunately..
Me and Val were still around and yesterday a friend of mine returning to Lotro joined also his char Ruadri to us (lvl 40, Man).
On Saturday Gaeldir was also online for some good hours (said he is willing to stay if we don't disband but he also does not play much), Nemsyn, Ralph. We were 4 online simultaneously at max activity =)) If is a consolation the Riders were 3 online at that hour too.. I guess summer is also to blame a lot for this situation.
Ang did not log in some days (15) I suggested Val to try to get in touch with Eovind/Denholm for recruiting purposes if he wants.
Btw,from what I know, game mechanics automatically pass leadership to successor after 30 days of inactive leader, and if successor does not exist to oldest in kin. Would be good to decide something before leadership passes to some even more inactive and impossible to get in touch with alt forgot in kin because then we will loose any control on leadership.
Back to top Go down
Angharat
Recruit of the Council

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Not online   The End???? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 am

Totally OOC Smile

Hey

Sorry, my notebook broke and is getting repaired right now. Should be able to come online quickly on the weekend tho to pass on leadership to whoever wants it. Just give me a name.

Take care all.
Ang
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 am

Ah.. sorry to hear about notebook Ang, I know how it is, happened in spring.

If we continue then Valdras is the name. Has the story and the will to continue this.. And I would offer Turu as successor UNLESS anyone older here wants.. but..
I'll try to be impartial here because Val is a friend and TGC I care much about: Val has the will to try to resurrect TGC but he stands little chance alone and I play like 5-6 hours a week on both chars so I am not much help. I am an active forums user and a good event organizer but this is about all I can offer.
And with Felogar and Ang leaving too..
Ruadri also used to be an active player last time he was in lotro but I do not know which char he will stay more on and I am not sure yet he will stay, he is re-accommodating with the game.
What I am saying it is: I think is quite possible for Val -and those remaining- to fail and loose will. Will be even harder and stranger to end TGC then.
I am in no hurry to leave and I don't mind keeping my chars there no matter how inactive TGC is so I do offer to stay.
But I ask the opinion of those who actually had a longueur history here and leave/left/will leave any decision made if they feel comfortable with a bunch of new guys getting tired of their efforts in 2-3 months and disbanding TGC -because worst case scenario it will come to this- or is better to do this now,saying goodbye to it and closing logically a chapter.
Gaeldir suggested we could be adopted as a group by the allied Vanimar but we do have some Men and a Hobbit so this would not be a real solution unless they make a huge exception and are very indulgent with amount if activity.
I will cast no vote on this decision and gladdy go with whatever is decided.
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:57 am

I'm happy to leave fae in the kin if Val wants to try to revive it, I won't be very active on fae however as I'm currently only really playing a lot on my warden.
I'm also undecided on whether I think it should just die or we should try again, it's a tough decision...
That said, my warden recently joined a kin called Wardens of the West, they've only been around for a couple of weeks and already have about 4 pages of members with around 12 online during the evening most days, sometimes more, considering they only have 1 officer, the leader and the heir and we have about 5 officers alone, it shouldn't be that hard - I mean if they can do it we can do it right? Of course that's what we said the last couple of times and we never /really/ succeeded. Maybe val is better at recruiting than we were though.

Well, whatever is decided I'll go with it.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah this is also about recruitment style. Recruitment in public channels will always be much more easy to do than RP recruitment, searching a reason to meet the guy, have a IC reason for him to want to join, meet IC, sustain RP wise the connection and logic of story. But for such "elaborate" type of RP recruitment we don't have the numbers nor the time to grow slow (the first will leave bored of inactivity before we'll get to 10)I guess we can give it a try with public aggressive recruitment too.
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 am

Slightly off-topic here, but since this is the only really active thread at the minute...

@Driadriel; I got your mail, but I didn't post that message - just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 am

@Faewulf: Sorry again then. I probably did not see other short absence. I did not want to bring this on forum. Since it is on forum: is about someone that keeps changing the message of the day to completely useless and not constructive in my opinion "The end is near" type of messages and I wrongly presumed is Fae looking at login times. I would suggest whoever does it to cast a vote for disband here instead of those messages if he/she wants.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:57 am

Now, to make this more constructive even if off-topic.

I suggested Val to pick Faewulf as successor to keep the tradition of a Man and a Elf on the mail leadership positions (via mail, I did not have time at all for LOTRO this week but I hope I will in WE). Faewulf? You are also older in kin, I think you would be a good idea.

I offered to handle official forum recruitment thread and contribute seriously to event organizing (planning, advertising, story). I have some experience with this and it does not ask much time IG (which I don't have much to offer right now).

This if we do not disband, I still don't vote either way on this.
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:18 pm

If we don't disband then that sounds fine, I actually miss playing fae a little so it's likely i'll start playing on him a bit more now, again assuming we aren't going to disband, if we manage to recruit a decent enough number of members I could help with other stuff like instances, raids etc
(I mean most people have never been to helegrod for example so it could help keep people active in the kin, we may be heavy-RP but in the books aragorn didn't sit around the pony all day drinking Wink )

That's assuming we don't disband which I am also neutral on.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:10 am

I've been waiting a while but Valdras hasnt showed up on the forums. If he were serious about working to rez TGC, he would have acted already(In game or in forums) I think his idea was just a natural response when he heard we wanted to disband. We all have been there but obviously that is not enough. This is not working out, but we appritiade Valdras's idea. So if you see or talk to Valdras, tell him this. I havent been able to speak to him.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 am

I'm afraid I agree to this. Good intentions is unfortunately not enough.. Val started to have some second thoughts last time I talked to him, on if he can lead, not having the experience of this, being probably the youngest in kin, etc. Rolling Eyes and I suggested him to make a decision and then post here (so my silence, I thought is better to wait for him to write).
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 am

Any news/decision Felo?
BTW Valdras stays invisible so unless you log Felogar(kinsman) you will see him as offline. Try /tell if you want to talk to him, I generally told him what was new on forum, he seems to have a thing against forums Sad.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:46 am

I just assume Valdras is not into this enough to succeed at all considering how it doesnt work out at all. I think we should proceed with the disbanding.

I think a final meeting on next friday the 28th would be appropriate for this. A final RP meeting where everyone says what they think about TGC and we disband. Around 20:00 Central European Time. If you think its a good time, plz post here so we can send mails to everyone.

Also some friends outside the kin should be invited. I will invite the Vanimar. Other than that:

Eovind
Heredryn
Nemsyn (not sure if she is still in TGC)
Asurawyn (who left the kin to join another after getting the leadership of TGC)
Gertimli
Thrundoin

If there are other friends or ex-members who still play that I have forgotten, please share the names so we can also invite them.

This will be a good RP event even though its a sad one.

Regards,
Felogar
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:47 am

Yea, this is for the best. I should be able to come at that time, hopefully it'll be a nice last event for the glade.
Back to top Go down
_Turuvie
Anonymous

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

I will be there.

Other names:
Maverikson I think you forgot.
Fallidir (I saw he still replied on forum several times)
Gaeldir - is still in kin, I think he would move to Vanimar with you from what we talked in game
Nemsyn - is still in kin

I'll add if I remember more. You can also log Felo and look who was more or less active recently, maybe you know their alts.
Back to top Go down
Turuviel
Ally of the Council
Turuviel

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 pm

I forgot to log at last message and miss-spelled name
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The End???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End????   The End???? Empty

Back to top Go down