The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Design for the Glade Mark

Go down 
+4
Palantirr
Eovind
Felogar
Falli
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Design for the Glade Mark Empty
PostSubject: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:14 pm

I have always wandered what the Glade mark would look like, so I put forward to the people of this kinship to come up with any ideas for a design for the glade mark, as at the moment it is just a shapeless mark, so please come up with ideas, and pictures would be even better.

Much love, Falli
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Eo had designed something for it before if I am not mistaken.. or was it the Banner of the Glade Council for the forum?
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:58 pm

I have both somewhere...just gotta dig them up from the dark places in my documents folders...which I will do tomorrow after work...too tired right now.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:56 am

Good idea Falli,

I'll try to throw in my design as well Smile

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Design for the Glade Mark Celtic10

How about this? Apparently its an old Celtic Signature for the ''Tree of Life''. I find it very approptiate.
(Angharat has sent this to me btw, credit goes to her for it, thank you Angharat)
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 pm

I had a different, simpler version of the Tree of Life made of intertwined letters in mind for the glade mark, but I cant find it for some stupid reason Sad I know I had it on my pc, but somehow it seems to've gone missing. I'll try and make another one.
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 am

that looks like a great design for the glade council, and sorry to hear that eovind, I hope you are able to find it soon.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

Here's my contribution,

Design for the Glade Mark Glade-11

If you didn't notice, the Quenya sentence is "The Glade Council".

Hope you like it

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 pm

I like it. The Glade mark is basically a brand of iron with the mark on the tip. I am not sure elvish runes there is really possible but the tree is looking good.
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 am

Its a pleasent design, but I do not like the elven rune stuff... we are a MIXED kinship, no matter how much you try. Anywho, I have come up with a good reason for this other than personal curiosity, as I am sure most of you will know, metal can only be heated so often before it becomes brittle and useless... I'll leave you to think on that Wink

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:38 am

@Falli

I'm aware of the fact that we're a mixed Kinship. The logo (and hopefully the Mark) of TGC area tribute to the noble Elves who established it. If you did not notice the fact that I'm from the race of Men (a proud Son of Gondor) I would just like to point out that most of Middle-Earth's symbols with inscriptions use Quenya. This is obviously a tribute to the Elven race.

As such, I added the inscription to the symbol to symbolise exactly that point: though we're mixed we don't deny the tribute of the Elves to the foundation of TGC. I could make the inscription smaller so as to accentuate the tree-symbol if everyone think it more aesthetic.

On the other hand, I believe it's a bit exaggerated to think about the physical qualities of metal. We're discussing the DESIGN here, not the METAL used to create it. In addition, we're speaking about several dozen usages of the Mark, not hundreds over hundreds (we can't manage so many recruits). However, responding to your question I can only think of two solutions:
1. Use Elven-Steel, since it's hardest to turn brittle or deteriorate with time or usage.
2. Simply replace the Mark once it wears out.

I hope this answers your questions, my dear Kin Cool

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:51 am

They're elves you know. Cells can only be duplicated a number of times untill they start to disfunction due to breathing oxygen you know. Does the elves care about that? Wink
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:08 am

geek
I guess Elves have another biological system than us mortal Men and Women! Mybe the duplication of their cells isn't as rapid as ours, which explains the funny ears and pale face Razz
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 am

I like this one, but the stupid forum wont let me link the pic directly for some incredibly stupid reason... *grumbles*

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9aS73nDIR18/SJ5mBsGoafI/AAAAAAAAAPI/QkLAikrtk24/s1600-h/celtic+tree+copy.jpg
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm

I like the design Eovind, tis good in my eyes. Secondly what I meant with the properties of the metal, and I do sugest you read my posts properly next time, is that there can be some IC reason for this other than my personal interest, who knows might even be able to make some RP out of it.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Hmmm... Eovind your design is really beautiful... I withdraw my design in favour of Eovind's (I hope this satisfies Fallidir Razz )

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Personal reason for what Fallidir? I didn't understand what you ment either in that case. Rolling Eyes

I liked Eo's design better as well Smile Looks good even if you take in that the "higher" parts will blend with the "lower". Symmetric and yet very assymetric. That's a good middleway between elven and non-elven for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Some days I wonder why I bother putting my posts on here... given that it seems that even the stuff I write tends not to be understood. Yes I think Eovind has a good design. And I was thinking of linking this thread into the game by making a plot device where the old brand's condition had deteriorated so much due to over use (constant reheating) that it was put forth to the members of the Glade Council to come up with a new design, in the same way the rest of the kinship is being rejuvinated. But I cannot now employ this idea as it has been shown here that it is not a good idea at all. But there we go eh, the second part of this particular post refers to that I started this thread as I did not know what the brand looked like, so therefore I asked. Now if that is not clear enough for you I dont know if I could ever put it into clearer words. And congratulations, you've just about killed off my creativeness. I hope your happy Evil or Very Mad

>Falli<
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm sorry Falli, but I feel that was uncalled for. You cant blame someone for asking what you're meaning... scratch

Falli wrote:
Its a pleasent design, but I do not like the elven rune stuff... we are a MIXED kinship, no matter how much you try. Anywho, I have come up with a good reason for this other than personal curiosity

To me the "this" would refer to that we're a mixed kinship, that's why I couldn't understand what you meant.

I won't stand for being accused of killing creativeness when it's uncalled for when all I wanted was to understand what you meant.

Last edited by Heredryn on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Innessecary words. I'm sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 am

Dear Kin,

I believe exchanging negative accusations will not solve any problem, but would rather complicate it, so I'd really appreciate it of you, Heredryn, if you'd apologise for Fallidir for calling him a jerk.

On the other hand, Fallidir, nobody killed your creativity! I don't understand why you did not want to reveal the contents of your suggested RP-event to us in the first place. I don't think we need to "RP" an RP-suggestion Smile (sorry for the overly philosophical influence back there... couldn't help it). We normally discuss holding an RP event plain and simple so that everyone KNOWS there is going to be an RP-event. I have the impression, from your different posts in different threads on the forum, that you have some kind of a negative tendency toward the Glade Council and its members. I call upon you to please explain to me, in words my simple mind can understand, what problems you have with TGC and/or with any specific member of TGC. We're used to openness and freedom of opinion here, as long as it is constructive and aims to improve the person/Kinship.

I will, however, not tolerate flaming on the forum, even if I'm not the official moderator. I hope you excuse me for my harsh words but something should be said in this regard.

Irrespective of what was said earlier, I find your suggested RP-event quite interesting and seems to be a fun experience, Fallidir. I endorse it in order to break from the routine of accepting new banners, laws or logos only on forums. Let's hold a Grand Assembly where the old Mark "breaks" from overheating and we look for a mighty dwarf blacksmith who can forge us a new Mark! Cool

Looking forward to hear what all of you have to say about all the aforementioned topics.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Falli wrote:
Now if that is not clear enough for you I dont know if I could ever put it into clearer words. And congratulations, you've just about killed off my creativeness. I hope your happy Evil or Very Mad
>Falli<

Rolling Eyes
Just one of the reasons some were apposed to the return of Fallidir.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:20 am

Gandrill... this is now water under the bridge. Fallidir is a respected and active member of TGC, and I feel everyone should view him with this in mind. Please don't allow previous prejudices to poison your minds. In these dire times we need to stand together and be absolutely sure the one protecting my back is worthy of my trust.

Thank you.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 am

I agree, we are bigger than this. We are getting off the point of this thread anyway.

As of that, a RP event to reveal the renewed mark of the glade, be it a branding iron, a banner or just a small insignia worn by the members (obviously not shown in game), would be another great opportunity to gather together. We might also consider letting go of the burning iron, since there has been opposition against being branded like animals.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 5:19 am

I suggest we introduce a ritual knife-carving of the Glade mark instead of a branding ;D
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 am

Good idea Humphert,

I find the replacement of the branding "Mark" with a Token given out by the High Seat to the members quite appealing, since it also fits with the lore. You all remember the special leaf-pin for the cloaks given to the Fellowship of the Ring by Lady Galadriel. We could also distribute Glade-Tokens to the Members as a special sign for them being part of the "Fellowship of the Glade" (FoG)... hehe, Fog! Very Happy

Another idea... for our good crafters we could determine a special crafted item in the game in order to act as if it was the Token of the Glade. My suggestion would be this: Token of the Glade

For the item itself, the components to make it are quite attainable (2xcopper ingots + 1xpolished Amethyst). A Jeweller would be able to craft it and players up level 15 can wield it, which is a proper level to be considered into TGC membership.

As for the RP-event involving its introduction, one can think of the Elves granting one of our trusted crafters the secret recipe to craft such a mighty Token and present it only to those who proved their valour and dedication to the Path of the Glade and have earned the right to be called Kin to the Glade... what do you all think?

Hopefully I'll hear some ideas in this regard.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design for the Glade Mark   Design for the Glade Mark Empty

Back to top Go down

Design for the Glade Mark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next