The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

A Storm in the East - Story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

A Storm in the East - Story Empty
PostSubject: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:46 am

The dull rumble of thunder in this hot, humid night. We have not heard anything for hours now, but this thunder, the men are getting worried, I'm getting worried. This city, this ruin of a city is never this quiet. The men are on edge wanting to leave their posts, but we do not, we have orders to hold this position until we are told to pull back. So we sit here in silence listening to the thunder rumble and our fires crackle through the night. My captain, my father, comes to stand beside me as I take my turn to watch the darkness, looking for any movement there, anything that proves we are here for a reason. I can see nothing.

"Do you see anything Fallidir?" my father asked
"Only the usual; buildings, rats, ruins..." I replied
"We should have gotten word from command by now."
"Maybe something happend"
My father looked into the darkness with me, searching for anything. However he gave up and headed back to the campfires...

Writer's note: This is a fictional story that I said I would write about my character Fallidir, however it is a work in progress and I will complete it when I get around to it, so this really is a teaser for what is to come for you, I hope you enjoy.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:12 am

A most excellent start! Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Storm in the East (Part1) Alone in the darkness   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

The dull rumble of thunder in this hot, humid night. We have not heard anything for hours now, but this thunder, the men are getting worried, I'm getting worried. This city, this ruin of a city is never this quiet. The men are on edge wanting to leave their posts, but we do not, we have orders to hold this position until we are told to pull back. So we sit here in silence listening to the thunder rumble and our fires crackle through the night. My captain, my father, comes to stand beside me as I take my turn to watch the darkness, looking for any movement there, anything that proves we are here for a reason. I can see nothing.

"Do you see anything Fallidir?" my father asked
"Only the usual; buildings, rats, ruins..." I replied
"We should have gotten word from command by now."
"Maybe something happend"
My father looked into the darkness with me, searching for anything. However he gave up and headed back to the campfires, and I sat there looking for anything, just the smallest thing to tell me how everyone else was, but there was nothing but silence.

That was until just before dawn, I heard the sounds of men fighting orcs. The sounds of metal on metal and on flesh, cries of dieing men and the harsh calls of victory from the orcs, this was not just in one place, it was everywhere apart from our isolated camp, maybe a blessing, maybe a curse. I was soon to find out, I was summoned to my father's presence and asked to report. I couldnt tell him anything he did not already know, there was a battle going on, and we were not in it. We decided to send out a scout to see what was going on, he never returned.

We soon realised we were alone here, and surrounded on all side by hostiles, my father gathered the men and ordered them to collect their things, to move out. I went to collect my things, my sword, Gurtheng, my sheild and my standard issue spear, and I formed up with the men waiting to get orders.

"Lads looks like we got left behind" Said my father, "And now we have to get back to our lines, back to our homes and back to our families. Do as I say and you'll make it through this."
We chorussed "Yes Sir" for the breifest time of the sunrise we shone, so bright that we contested the sun, and won. The men went about getting prepared for our journey home, for some it would be the last journey they would ever take...

~Falli~

Note this is the completed version of Part 1, Alone in the Darkness. A short taster of Part 2 will be posted as soon as I can think of a title Smile
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Sounds like this is gonna be pretty damn good, good work so far!
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

PostSubject: Aye   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Aye, seems very interesting. Looking forward to the continuation!
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 8:14 am

The slow sun began to rise into the sky, the true fate of our freinds, our family was shown to us. But we moved on, over the bodies of our fallen brothers. We pushed on when they could no longer, the men walked in silence, none wanting to speak.

The sun began to rise further into the sky, and so did the heat and the humidity, our men became drowsy, tired and unaware we were being watched. The eyes of the enemy watching us, waiting for us, waiting for a chance to kill us. They got their chance, the arrows began to fell our men, they did as they were trained to do, what they were brought up to do, what they lived to do. Each man protected the man to his left, from hip to neck, but still the arrows found their marks, we took what few we could, but those who fell behind... stayed behind. We could not fight the orcs, so we just moved on, even when we thought we were safe, the rain of arrows began again, picking us off one by one...

Note: I figured I might as well start writing this again, been meaning to do for a while. This part is a lot shorter because I have not taken as much time to write it as other parts, it'll get written fully someday, but for now I hope you enjoy reading this part, and for the new people I hope you enjoy reading the first part also, as well as my first story; The Blood and Snow

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 5:32 pm

I like it very much, looking forward to the rest...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Storm in the East - Story   A Storm in the East - Story Empty

Back to top Go down

A Storm in the East - Story
Page 1 of 1