The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Rules for Fighting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Here are some sugested guidelines for fighting, generally I am writing this here really so I can remember them in Future, and it may also be helpful:

Rule One: Know when and Where to fight.
Rule Two: Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted
Rule Three: Only fight when Victory is assured
Rule Four: "Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful." as Sun Tzu said
Rule Five: Know what you are fighting for.
Rule Six: Do not leave people behind

An explanation of the rules;
Hopefully Rule One is self-explanitory
Rule Two means that in a fight there is no concept of honour or truth, and anything is allowed, this is only in the context that you are fighting for your very life (IE when it is desperate) but on all other times, you should respect and fight honourably with your openent. (Dont know if that even made sense... *le shrug*)
Rule Three is self-explanitory
Rule Four means that the best kind of victory is one with no bloodshed, therefore try to resolve an issue with words before swords.
Rule Five is explained by Goladir (sorry I have never been able to spell your name right)
Rule Six is explained by Heredryn

Hope these are helpful, if you have any more legitimate suggestions then I am willing to add them top the list, and to nip this in the bud so to speak this may come up in future RP.

~Falli~

Last edited by Falli on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Good thread Falli,

I have one reservation on the second rule, namely that everything is allowed and that there's no honour in fighting. I'm against the idea of "dirty fighting" and argue that an honourable fight will force your enemies in the end to respect you and regard you highly, whether you win or lose. Don't underestimate the influence of virtues and chivalry on the psychology of the opponent.

Finally, if I may add another rule, which is also self-explanatory:

"Know what you're fighting for".

Thanks for the thread and looking forward to the comments of the others.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 am

I've got a rule that I always strive to follow. I'm no great tactician, but it's essentially:

"Leave noone behind."

If you keep the group together the enemy can't pick you off one by one. You're stronger together than alone. If you don't walk in a formed group at least make sure you know where the rest is. Of course this gets a bit more difficult when sending out scouts... but you know what I mean I hope. Rolling Eyes

Do I make sence?
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am

An update for RP fighting... which I hope that will not happen often, if you get into a fight try and speak to the person OOC so that you can arrange to be in a Fellowship. And then to avoid being labeled as a "Power Emoter" you can use the roll system to show what happens. For example:

(Emote) Fallidir takes a swipe at Subject B with his sword
(In fellowship) Fallidir rolls a 50
Subject B rolls a 75
(Emote) Subeject B dodges the attack and returns with a slash of his own sword

And so forth, I have found this the fairest way to ever fight IC against another character. So I emplore all of you to try to use this theory if you get into a fight. But lets hope that never happens eh?

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

-moved to a new thread-

Last edited by Felogar on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

*Beats Felogar repeatedly with a stick* You will not speak of that vile place on this thread again, you hear me! This is aimed mainly for RP fighting, not for helping Uner get to Captain General! The points are indeed valid, however the concept is are that these are guidelines for fighting IC, and it may come up in future RP. *Beats Felogar again* So no more Ettens talk, make your own thread for advertising.

>Falli<

PS For those who dont know I mean this in all good fun, I just really really really dont like the Ettens, but that can be blamed on Uner.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:10 pm

*silently copies and deletes his post to make a thread of his own* Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules for Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for Fighting   Rules for Fighting Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules for Fighting
Page 1 of 1