The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

RP events - suggestions

Go down 
+10
Eordhelm
Elgost
Humphert
Asurawyn
Palantirr
Heredryn
Falli
Faewulf
Felogar
Eovind
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

RP events - suggestions Empty
PostSubject: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 5:23 am

Yesterday Athanulas (spelling correct?) suggested that we go on a camping trip together...possibly to the shores of Evendim and beyond. I remembered we spoke of similar things a while back, but we never got around to do anything of it. So here is my suggestion for a larger heavy-RP hike, one that may take several days to complete so we have something to do together for a long time and several sessions. I'm thinking of putting this into all the different parts of the world and split the groups based on experience (level), so a lvl 50 wont have to crawl through lvl 10 monsters and vice versa. Of course there will be at least one highlevel person around to protect and guide all of you lowbies.

I have a few ideas on how we may do this. Remember I want this to be HEAVY RP. Running and walking over the world WILL take some time, and I want you to be prepared. Here below follows my suggestions. Date and time are yet to be decided, please suggest a good time.

--------------------------------------------

The High Seat has suggested that the Council makes a longer journey throughout the world to see how far the darkness has spread. Assuming everyone agrees and those able to are joining up, I will split the groups with at least one Elder in each, and I'm hoping that each group will consist of at least 3-4 people. The good thing with this is that not everyone has to be online at the same time - if some people are missing one day we can continue with one group and let the others continue on a later date.

We will start in Far Chetwood, at the place where we held our last Great Assembly - the meeting before the adventure starts will also be held there.

The lower levels (10-20+ maybe?) will go towards the Shire and Ered Luin and scout the areas around those places. The dwarves of Dourhand are especially interesting, as they seem to work closely with the enemy. Also there is rumours of goblins and brigands in the Shire...maybe its worth checking up?

The middle levels (20-35+?) could together with Athanulas investigate the Barrowdowns before heading off towards the Lone-lands, and maybe a little bit into the Trollshaws or even all the way to Rivendell if you think you can go that far (it is possible). These places are dangerous and everyone knows it, so be well on your guard here. If we have many people around these levels we can split it up once more, by taking one group towards Evendim and the other to Lone-lands.

The higher levels (35-50)....these are the most able warriors the Glade can bring, and they will be sent to the most dangerous place of all. Angmar. You will travel through the North Downs and from there move into Angmar and see exactly how bad it is there - it is the land of the enemy, after all. If there are many lvl 45-50 showing up (which I think there is...) we split them between the groups too; one to Angmar and the other to Forochel where the Angmarim has taken a chilling grip on the pretty lands of ice and snow...

Considering this to be heavy RP, I dont want you to fight all the time. I want you to RP just about everything; the journey, camping and resting (finding safe places to rest is hard but possible), investigating the enemy's movements and strenghts/weaknesses, and of course learn how to work together as a group - both RP- and gaming-wise. This is a great opportunity to know the others of the Glade on a closer basis. The Elders who will guide you all have good experience in this game and I trust them all with my life, so I believe this could work if people puts some effort in it.

Well, comments on this or ideas for other events would be greatly appreciated! And that reminds me that we still have to find Felogar's missing sword...if you still want to do this Felogar, please post a resumé of the happenings and we may be able to put something together and find your beloved sword.

/Eovind

Last edited by Eovind on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:00 am

Heavy RP sounds very good indeed! I am in for it ofcourse. And yes, Felogars lost sword is yet to be found, but he was delayed by many things and it has been quite some time since he has lost it. I will give it some thought and come up with an event about it in the coming week. Might be a random time to it maybe, or I will pre-determine a time and date to it, depends on the mood Wink So try to be online during the evenings everyone if you wnat to help Felogar find his Sword Smile
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 am

Sounds great Eovind, funny I was just thinking we should do something like this, and then I log on and see this post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 10:31 am

Good Idea... bad timing is what I think. The Mines of Moria will be open soon, and People will likely be running around doing that for a few weeks... neglecting RP. I know this as I will likely be one of them, as it has been months since I have had anythig of real interest to do on my first character, and I will relish the thought of going back on him and actually doing some in-game fun. My real point is that, you cant really ask people to devote a large amount of their time, wandering around... when we could be exploring new and SHINEY Exclamation places. Dont get me wrong I love the idea, I reckon I just wont e able to do it.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:54 am

Aye, good to hear everyone's side of the story <:-) I understand people want to level their chars, no problem. I want to get up Denholm too, you know Smile

What we could do in any case, is bringing the higher levels towards Eregion and explore that place when MoM launches. Since we have a few lvl 50:s, we could gather up and explore as much as possible together. I remember that me, Felogar, Thrundoin and Gertimli (maybe a few others too?) did the same when Forochel was opened, and it was great fun!
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:24 pm

It's also possible to wait a couple of weeks with it so people have a chance to check out the new stuff as well first. Could take a group to the new places but wait with the others.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Very nice idea Eovind and I'm all for it... but Fallidir has made a very interesting and correct point here. Everyone who has a level 50 character or leveling his main to 50 (like myself) will be doubling his leveling efforts to meet the MoM launch deadline, and this will sadly mean less RP-fun! Sad

However, if we combine your suggestion with Fallidir's note, we might have a very nice RP-event planned without noticing:

We can have the level 50 players of the Glade go out and scout the new regions of MoM, and then report back in a special Assembly made just for RP-ing. There it would be decided if we can carry on a small offensive within Eregion (a raid formation with mixed level groups), so that everyone who bought MoM can taste the action without the need to reach 50... yet!

Any details, additions or modifications to my suggestions would be happily discussed.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 pm

I like this idea cos it not only gives the opportunity to RP but also to help develop group fighting skills. I will, of course, join any group that is venturing in Angmar or Forochell as I have some deeds still outstanding and even, at this moment, some quests in Angmar.

I would welcome leading a party to investigate the horrors that inhabit the area north of the Red Pass, maybe slay a few trolls before crossing the Last Bridge where we can have more fun slaying trolls and spiders throughout that part of the Trolls. Over the Bruinen we can take a trip into Giant Valley where there is many nasties to confront. Wood Trolls, Drakes, Worms and, yes, even Giants.

You didn't mention that other cold region. The Misties is a fine place to explore though Helegrod may be a bit dangerous for younger kin Smile . Even Gob Town too. The giants and trolls are most generous with their silver.
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:18 am

Love the idea. I will be available for it with either of my characters as need be.

I for one am not going to run amok to new regions immediately when Mines of Moria arrives. Almost everyone will probably do that anyway so the places will be cramped. I did that with Forochel, damn it was hard to find the moose to kill.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:32 pm

Good point Humphert...we shall have to discuss this further Smile Good to see some people likes the idea anyway, please come with ideas of your own if you have any!

Also, I have another idea for a RP event. Now that we have a new Glade Vow, I'd want to make a event out of it...Eovind will call to a meeting during the weekend, to share the news about the new Vow and see if you will all accept it or not. So if you are available some time at the weekend, please tell me when so I can make up some plans.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:44 pm

I'd say sunday! I'm away most part of the saturday and don't know when I'll be home. If not sunday so late saturday.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:09 am

Sunday would be fine for me too... I'll almost certainly be online in the evening, unless something urgent turns out... Maybe during the week I can be online too, but this I cannot guarantee 100%.

On the other hand, I agree with Humphert that all the power-leveling freaks will be crashing down on the new regions once MoM is released, so the servers will probably experience serious congestions. I'd expect they'll be shutting down the servers for maintenance soon after the release to handle the extra rush of players Smile

And here comes my RP-event suggestion: we can do several "raid-like" events in different regions of Eriador under the pretense that the Free People have spilled over to counter the new threats of Eregion, leaving very little force behind to deal with the current Shadow-spawn. The Shadow will try to use this to its advantage by encircling Eriador and trying to deal critical blows to important strongholds of the Men, Hobbits, Dwarves and Elves.

The Forest Lords knew of the enemy's plans and communicated with Eovind (the High Seat) to sound the horns of war and organise every able arm of the Glade Council and its allies to travel to these important regions and organise a counter-attack. I guess such an RP-event can be co-organised with other Kinships so as to increase the reputation of TGC and at the same time try recruiting members along the way. The idea of having many high-level players moving to Eregion will make it easier for us to recruit the remaining ones, especially since most officers of other Kinships would be busy leveling their characters before resuming the recruiting efforts.

So, I'm excited to know what you think about this suggestion. Hope to hear some feedback soon.

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 am

Golradir wrote:
Sunday would be fine for me too... I'll almost certainly be online in the evening, unless something urgent turns out... Maybe during the week I can be online too, but this I cannot guarantee 100%.

On the other hand, I agree with Humphert that all the power-leveling freaks will be crashing down on the new regions once MoM is released, so the servers will probably experience serious congestions. I'd expect they'll be shutting down the servers for maintenance soon after the release to handle the extra rush of players Smile

And here comes my RP-event suggestion: we can do several "raid-like" events in different regions of Eriador under the pretense that the Free People have spilled over to counter the new threats of Eregion, leaving very little force behind to deal with the current Shadow-spawn. The Shadow will try to use this to its advantage by encircling Eriador and trying to deal critical blows to important strongholds of the Men, Hobbits, Dwarves and Elves.

The Forest Lords knew of the enemy's plans and communicated with Eovind (the High Seat) to sound the horns of war and organise every able arm of the Glade Council and its allies to travel to these important regions and organise a counter-attack. I guess such an RP-event can be co-organised with other Kinships so as to increase the reputation of TGC and at the same time try recruiting members along the way. The idea of having many high-level players moving to Eregion will make it easier for us to recruit the remaining ones, especially since most officers of other Kinships would be busy leveling their characters before resuming the recruiting efforts.

So, I'm excited to know what you think about this suggestion. Hope to hear some feedback soon.

Golradir Whitetower
Sounds good, I really like that idea however one thing that has always bothered me - and it's more to do with the vow than your RP idea to be honest Gol...who exactly are we referring to when we say 'The forest lords' or the 'spirits of the forest' (I think that's old vow and new vow) are we talking about the Vala Oromë? I think this is probably the most appropriate as his name in sindarin (Tauron) actually means forest-lord, but then there's one problem...I seriously doubt Oromë would personally communicate with Eovind...haha no offense Eo Razz
For 'spirits of the forest' I guess we could be talking about a maia, we could even have one of the Istari RP 'Allied' with us or RPed as a friend of the council, Radagast is probably the most fitting one, he could be the one who tells Eovind of the enemies plans, just a thought.
Just to clear things up, does anyone know who was actually meant by 'The forest lord(s)' ? I've been wondering this for a while.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:04 am

Hehe I've wondered that too, Faewulf ;D Its a good question anyhow...I doubt any Vala would talk to us though. Radagast could probably inform us of some things, but I doubt we'd know who he really is in that case. Just a weird old man giving us information from time to time?
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am

Now dont get me wrong again, all the ideas been put here are good RP ideas... as we are of course an RP kinship. But (and this is mainly aimed at Gol's idea) Do you know how hard it is to RP in combat? I mean it might just me being a man... and cant multitask, but I cant pay attention to what you are saying if I am gettin bludgeoned by a troll. So in my opinion I dont think any fighting RP could ever really work, unless we only RP the lead up and Aftermath. But hey as you know I am just a big old meanie about these things, if you want to do it then thats fine. Used to being ignored these days anyway (a joke before you hit me with anything).

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

Yes I agree, only lead up and aftermath of combat can be RP'ed unless we are mentioning NPC's that are very low levels (gray)...
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:53 pm

heh, to be honest I can't imagine there would be much conversation during a battle anyway , Razz so really, to roleplay in a battle situation all you need to do is fight and have a leader give out orders now and again.

Which makes me wonder, will the level 50 group be scouting the ettenmoors? Smile
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Eovind wrote:
Hehe I've wondered that too, Faewulf ;D Its a good question anyhow...I doubt any Vala would talk to us though. Radagast could probably inform us of some things, but I doubt we'd know who he really is in that case. Just a weird old man giving us information from time to time?

Yeah true...I guess we might know that he was one of the wizards...as in we would probably know he was on the white council and since he isn't an elf, guess from that
Razz
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Small groups in ettenmoors are the best fun ever. Eovind, Talus and I have tried recently. More Hunters the better. We should make a small scout party to the moors, scout and explore for the raids and pick off unsuspecting creeps Very Happy

The other day we had an all turkish scout party, Guardian, Hunter, Loremaster, Captain and Champion. We killed more creeps than Mornaro's raid in TR LOL!!!

also: I think ettenmoors is a very good place to RP... Except the combat part, which is 'Un-roleplayable' Very Happy I think it makes the RP intense, becouse its dangerous all over the place and anything simultaneous can happen. I think ettenmoors is a very good place to RP...
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:11 am

Felogar wrote:
Small groups in ettenmoors are the best fun ever. Eovind, Talus and I have tried recently. More Hunters the better. We should make a small scout party to the moors, scout and explore for the raids and pick off unsuspecting creeps Very Happy

The other day we had an all turkish scout party, Guardian, Hunter, Loremaster, Captain and Champion. We killed more creeps than Mornaro's raid in TR LOL!!!

also: I think ettenmoors is a very good place to RP... Except the combat part, which is 'Un-roleplayable' Very Happy I think it makes the RP intense, becouse its dangerous all over the place and anything simultaneous can happen. I think ettenmoors is a very good place to RP...
Yeah that's what I was thinking, unexpected encounters and creeps are gonna act a lot more realisticly (since they are people) than the AI, could be really fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:38 am

Faewulf wrote:
Sounds good, I really like that idea however one thing that has always bothered me - and it's more to do with the vow than your RP idea to be honest Gol...who exactly are we referring to when we say 'The forest lords' or the 'spirits of the forest' (I think that's old vow and new vow) are we talking about the Vala Oromë? I think this is probably the most appropriate as his name in sindarin (Tauron) actually means forest-lord, but then there's one problem...I seriously doubt Oromë would personally communicate with Eovind...haha no offense Eo Razz
For 'spirits of the forest' I guess we could be talking about a maia, we could even have one of the Istari RP 'Allied' with us or RPed as a friend of the council, Radagast is probably the most fitting one, he could be the one who tells Eovind of the enemies plans, just a thought.
Just to clear things up, does anyone know who was actually meant by 'The forest lord(s)' ? I've been wondering this for a while.

OK so it may sound a bit exaggerated that Oromë himself has communicated with Eovind being the High Seat of the Glade Council. However, the fate of Oromë is not actually clear in the LOTR lore. He's one of the few Valar who remained in Middle Earth after their withdrawal to Aman (beside Melkor!). He remains in the forests of Middle-Earth and hunts the Shadow. Nothing (as far as I've read) reveals whether Oromë is still until today in Middle-Earth or not. My mentioning of the "Forest Lords" does not explicitly refers to Oromë, which would be an exaggerated assumption Razz , but let's just say that Oromë has appointed some kind of "Guardians" to help him "manage" the fight against the followers of Melkor. These Guardians we know in the Glade Council as the "Forest Lords". What is the nature of these Guardians, I cannot actually say! Let's keep them vague for the time being. As such one can say that my previous RP-suggestion makes sense.

The idea of having Radagast warn us is first of all silly as it is lore-incorrect, since Radagast was a hermit interested only in nature and animals, and Gandalf himself doesn't use Radagast's knowledge except once in the whole lore. Radagast's information come only from the animals he communicates with and from his observation of the nature. So, he's not quite reliable as a source of information (not as reliable as Gandalf of course). On the other hand, up to the point in the game at the moment (somewhere between "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" nobody actually knows the true identity of Gandalf or Radagast (As we all know, after the Fellowship leaves Moria and enters Fangorn is Gandalf's true identity revealed).

So, and at least speaking from my own conviction, I guess the best way to be "informed" of the Enemy's plans is through our own lords, the Forest Lords, who're the eternal Guardians of Middle-Earth appointed by Oromë himself. These Forest Lords, in their turn, "created" the Glade Council as a select group to carry on this mission.

I hope this helps explain the reasoning behind my arguments for the RP-suggestion.

Furthermore, I agree with Felogar and Fallidir about excluding combat from RP due to not being able to effectively RP while mashing buttons and watching your Morale-meter all the time Very Happy

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 6:52 am

Golradir wrote:
Faewulf wrote:

The idea of having Radagast warn us is first of all silly as it is lore-incorrect, since Radagast was a hermit interested only in nature and animals, and Gandalf himself doesn't use Radagast's knowledge except once in the whole lore. Radagast's information come only from the animals he communicates with and from his observation of the nature. So, he's not quite reliable as a source of information (not as reliable as Gandalf of course). On the other hand, up to the point in the game at the moment (somewhere between "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" nobody actually knows the true identity of Gandalf or Radagast (As we all know, after the Fellowship leaves Moria and enters Fangorn is Gandalf's true identity revealed).

I don't think so, yes Radagast was a hermit only interested in nature and animals BUT don't you think if the existance of this was in peril he would do something about it?(even in lotro he helps the player against Ivar the blood handed in the story-line, when he sees he is threatening nature) And the Eagles I think would be a very reliable source of information, as don't forget, they are a sentient race capable of speech, reasoning, etc.
And by TRUE identity of course I don't mean that we would know he is a maia, because yeah that would be silly, BUT we could quite easily know that he is on the white council and is therefore one of the 'Wizards' as only the 'wizards' and the elves were on the white council, I don't think this would be very far fetched or lore-breaking.
For example, I'm pretty sure that when Gandalf wants to enter Edoras to see the king, the guards are told to take his staff, as they know he is one of the wizards.
EDIT: Also the fact that gandalf didn't use his knowledge is more to do with the fact that, gandalf was looking for information on the one ring, and sauraman (sp?) was the expert there.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 am

I think although 'Forest Lords' and Guardians appointed by Orome idea could be flexing the boundaries of lore-breaking, I like the idea very much. We could merge this idea with the history of the Glade Council. We could involve them in RP. Also I dont mind the idea with Radagast. Players are involved with quests with him in Lone Lands. Radagast is a friend to the nature just like us. In-game he is involved with all adventurers, there is nothing wrong with Radagast being involved in Protectors of the Woods; The Glade Council.

All and all, I like both ideas...
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 7:32 am

I will hold my first meeting this sunday (tomorrow that is) at 20.00 GMT. It will take place in Rivendell...you will see why later on...

Hope many of you can make despite the short notice!! I really want to hold a meeting before Moria is released...
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:16 am

For all of us low lvls who can't easily run there on our own Eo has promised to take us there on foot. Just show up a bit earlier cause it will take a while to run Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP events - suggestions   RP events - suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

RP events - suggestions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Glade Council :: Kinship Forum-
Jump to: