The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Urgent news my friends

Go down 
+6
Faewulf
Falli
Felogar
Heredryn
Nemsyn
Eovind
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Urgent news my friends Empty
PostSubject: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 pm

At last, I have found you all.
I bring grave,grave news of the one that you call Maverickson.
I meet the son of Maleth and Verickwyn whilst roaming Forechell, he saved me from a wild bear attack. We stayed together in the north, braving the elements. In this time he told me of his father's death and of you, the Glade Council. He also explained that he was being hunted by some of his fellow Rohirrim, those loyal to the king's advisor, Grima.
He greatly feared that they would find him and return him to his homeland to face judgement at the hand of Grima. For, my friends, he has deceived you. The death of his father was not an act of betrayal by his kinsmen, but a betrayal from his family. Maverickson was the one who killed his father after he asked Maleth to help him murder Grima, Maleth refused. In a rage he stabbed his father in the heart and then ran from Rohan as fast as he could.
Grima has been hunting him ever since. He had finaly tracked him down to Bree.
This forced him north to Forechell, where he tried to hide, but he has failed. Only four days ago, thirty Rohirrim arrived in Forechell and butchered Maverickson before my very eyes. I have his sword here as proof of what I had seen.
*places sword onto table*
I am sorry for your loss

Venomir of Gondor
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Oh dear...
Back to top Go down
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:03 pm

oh dear indeed....this might have some serious repercussions....some contact the riders of the riddermark.....if anyone knows anyone fromt the ridders of the riddermark
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Mav's.. a traitor? Really?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:17 am

Aye, I am afraid so.
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:25 am

I doubt your story gondorian. How is it that you witnessed this and how is it that the murderous rohirrim did not kill you for what you have seen?
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 am

I agree with Felogar. A sword proves nothing!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:13 am

I understand your doubts, as I believe Maverickson was one of your 'higher' members. But I can assure you that I do not lie, what would I gain from it? To answer the elf's question of how I survived, I hid I am afraid to say. I am no great warrior, I am but a scholar, I have no urgency to have my head torn from my body. As Maverickson saved my life I owe it to him to tell you that he did not suffer, much.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Why should we believe that he decieved us? Where did you hear the story about he having his father murdered? You say you owe him your life but still you choose to try and blacken his name.
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 2:29 am

((Boy I wish my character was actually around to say anything about this...))
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 am

This is horrible news, but why should we believe you? Maverickson is or was an honorable man and would never harm his kin, he was loyal to his king and certainly not a traitor...or atleast I would never have imagined it of him;as far as knowing one of the Rohirrim I do believe Leohthwae, a friend of mine is a captain of rohan but he has been out of contact with Edoras for some time, I must have a chat with him, perhaps he knows something of it?
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 pm

this cannot be true! I have spent much time with Maverickson, although I have seen an anger in his eyes like none I have seen before, he cannot be held responsible for the death of his father.
I will travel to Forechell to see what i can find.
I will post my findings.

(OOC: my work commitments have meant i have not bee able to venture into middle earth for some time, i have kept upto date on the forums (at work naturally Smile) Hope to see you all soon for a drink in the pony and some RP catch up:))
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:50 am

I am sorry that this news may not be exactly what you all wanted to hear, but please, do not shoot the messanger. I only came to you all to let you know of your freind's demise. I am sorry if the lies that he has told have upset you. I am sure that he only lied about his father's death to hide his own shame, you should not let this fact sully the memories you have of him.
Another reason that I am here is, Maverickson promised me that I would find refuge here, in your company. I too am being pursued by those that had slain Maverickson. Even though I was hidden at the time of his death they still know that he had an ally, hiding in the snowyland with him. I ask for your help in protecting me, as Maverickson did when we were together.
I am a skilled scholar and historian who called be of great help to you all.
Please, forget that I have brought you this sad news and see that I am in need of your help.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:59 am

Until we have confirmation that what you say is true, your presence will be tolerated but you will also be watched closely.

I still have faith in my good friend Maverickson and I doubt your story. But time will tell...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Thank you my Lord, I await the confirmation of my story with baited breath.
*bows*
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:47 pm

*limps out of the shadows*
You know I think this man is lieing to us, and not Maverickson. For he is unknown to us, and has not proven any turth in his words, or otherwise. Many of us know of the problems that wrack the kingdom of Rohan, as even now the border between there and Eriador is closed to us. I know this, because I have seen it. And what would someone of Gondor might know of the dealings of Rohan, and the dealings of one man, in particular would be known to an apparant stranger. And to further my point, has this... Noble man of Gondor actually say how he came by this information?

My point is, we should not take this man's words as the given truth. And until my fears have been laid to rest by the sight of Maverickson's cold body, I shall not believe that one so widely regarded with kindness was a true traitor and put to the sword because of it.

~Falli~
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

My friends, this man is a liar.

Before joining the Council I spend time in the snowy Forochel and actually made some friends. The Lossoth, the people of Forochel don't really care for us outsiders and such is their behaviour that one might easily think they don't pay attention to what is going on. Some might actually think they are quite dumb. This is, obviously, not the case. If you are able to make a friend within the Lossoth, you have made a true friend for life. Such is their sense of honour.

Immediately after hearing these claims of Maverickson's betrayal I set to Forochel and sought out Ilkka, a Lossoth hunter. He is one such friend of mine. Time for the tale how we made friends is best left for another time. Suffice to say, I trust him with my life and he does the same with me.

Ilkka had quite a tale to tell. I will not repeat everything, for time is short. Just couple of things. Maverickson rode out of Forochel alive, he was heading south or south east about a week ago. With hurry. There were people after him. They were not too shy to talk around the Lossoth, probably thinking they didn't even understand or care. From what Ilkka and his friends heard, there was someone called Grima behind this and apparently Venomir was sent to keep us away from Maverickson in his hour of need.

I am no tracker and had no success on getting more information where Maverickson might have headed from Forochel. But I am certain we need to find him, for it is obvious now that he is in dire need of our help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 am

What lies this 'friend' of yours Ilkka is, this worm botherer, tells. I am no agent of Grima Wormtongue or any of Rohan for that matter and I am disgusted that you would think this. I am sorry that none of you could believe that your precious Maverickson would be a traitor, but such is life. I will gather my things and leave at dawn. I can only hope that one day you can all learn to trust an outsider's words.
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 am

*Bursts in and grabs Venomir by the scruff of his neck*
This man IS a liar.
*Throws him to the floor*
I have searched for Maverickson since his disappearence, I travelled to Forechell and met some of my kinsmen who said that he had left over a week ago, heading south.
I then rode to The Old Forest where I heard of a man being pursued by a group of horse riders, led by this worm. *Kicks Venmoir*
He is in fact a member of the king of Rohan's counsel and has been looking for Maverickson. He has come here to try and get any information out of us on his whereabouts. It seems Maverickson has led them on a merry hunt and has left them searching in all the wrong areas. Attias has sent word to me that Maverickson was seen aiding the dwarves of Moria. He was seen fighting a creature called 'The Watcher' in the lake outside the minies. After that he entered, and from there no word of him for 3 days now. I suspedt that he is lost in that vile labrinyth. By tomorrow we should receive confirmation from Attias as he has entered the mines with some of his kin.
*Grabs Venomir as he tried to leave*
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 am

*stands in the doorway*
Then we better make sure I guest is comfortable for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Attias
Member of the Council
Attias

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:48 am

*Attias enters the room, carrying a very large bag on his back*
Alas my friends, I bring news. Also, I need some ale.
*Humphert hands Attias some ale, which he quickly downs before continuing*
I have been supporting my kinsmen with their task of wiping all traces of orc from Moria. Whilst there I heard news of a scruffy vagrant roaming around Durin's Threshold. I though no more of it, until I received word from Gandrill that Maverickson was seen at The Black Pool, outside the mines.
I sent word to my cousin Baruk, who was in that area, to see if this man was indeed our friend.
He reported back that it was highly likely to be him. I went to Durin's Threshold via Durin's Way and it was in that moment that I saw this discarded next to pile of charred orc corpses.
*Grabs a shield from his bag and throws it onto the floor, making Venomir jump* Maverickson's shield.
I believe our friend has been kidnapped by a group of orcs patrolling Durin's Way, we should gather our allies and make haste to Moria. If we are quick, we can save him, if we are slow, we can at least avenge him.
Oh, and this worm,
*points to Venomir*
I have the Bree Guard outside who would like to speak to him regarding the death of three hobbits.
* A guard enters and drags Venomir out, kicking and screaming*
Let us ready our raid

Last edited by Attias on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Attias
Member of the Council
Attias

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 am

(OOC)
For all those that can make it I was hoping that we could send a raid into Moria on Sunday 25th to see if the rumours of Maverickson's plight are true. Obviously this would only be open to those who can enter Moria. This may be good to bring along any new recruits or possible alliances. Would be fun to RP all the way from, say Rivendell, but would be up to you guys.
Unfortunatley, I cannot enter Moria yet so I will be unavailable to go. All those able to go please post a reply to this thread, stating if there are any allies that you wish to bring too.
Eovind, I'll leave it up to you to sort ouot the final details if that's ok?

Happy hunting
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:54 am

Someone bring my sheild and sword please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Nemsyn
Second Seat of the Glade
Nemsyn

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 am

Well what a karge development, i never thought that this man would have a apparent motive to lie and decieve us, but if reports are accurate by trusted members and allies then maverickson will be found in the dark depths of those caverns we call moria. I strongly urge everyone to keep a level head as we might begining to make too many assumptions. Until all the facts are clear and mavericksons story is heard this Venomir fellow cannot be judged, knowing who to trust is as important as knowing the truth these days and only once we know the truth do we know who we can trust. I suggest we keep venomir under house arrest for now until we are able to make a detailed account of what events took place since mavericksons departure from the council to the arrival of venomir. I would urge you all as well to use your wisdom when approached by such people and keep personal vendetta's and feelings aside, the last thing we need is unecassary bloodshed and if you are all right this man may not turn out to be the only casulty. We must take as many as we can to challenge the deeps and must be quick if we are to find maverickson unharmed.
ooc( this should be of great importance as i now know that quite alot of people in the kin are able to acess the mines so i would appreciate a large outcome, i understand alot of you only use your member on the council as an alt and that alot of you have real life commitments, which is why i think we should take the time to find a date almost everyone can attend)
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm

*limps back into view* I would join you, but I would have to go by horseback, and since my horse is not fit for such things at this time, I cannot join you. Though this noble man should not be mistreated for the time, nor shall he be allowed to slip your grasp. When the time comes, he might be able to show his worth.
But since I myself will unlikely be able to head into those dreaded deeps, I will see if I can send a freind in my stead.

~Falli~

OOC: as hinted before Fallidir cannot come along, as surprise surprise he has got himself hurt again...

Last edited by Falli on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urgent news my friends   Urgent news my friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Urgent news my friends
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next