The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Kinship Raids

Go down 
+4
Eovind
Maerduin
Humphert
Asurawyn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Asurawyn
Admin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 pm

I participated in a raid in Ettenmores some time ago when I was at stage 45. This was my first raid and I suffered 2 defeats. Strange that for a stealthy warrior Smile but Felogar told me that it was nothing to be ashamed of and that when I reached 50 no raid should be without one like me. I hope that we will be organising more raids and would welcome an introduction to strategies and tactics.

Asurawyn
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Helegord, Friday   Kinship Raids EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Though this is not a raid by our kinship, I'll post this here.

My friend and brother-in-arms Fezeryk told me there will be a raid to Helegord this Friday. Some of you may have met Fezeryk at our kinship hall's house warming. Anyway, he asked if I know if someone of our kinship would like to join this raid. So I promised to ask.

You can find more details about the raid at RamRaider. Direct link to the raid itself: http://raminghi.x-players.com/raider/index.php?option=com_view&id=115

Oh and I would also be very interested in having another go for kinship and ally raid. Easier to start with familiar people.
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Bogbereth   Kinship Raids EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:50 am

I went on my first raid, thanks to our alliance with Vanimar, since getting to 50 yesterday. I didn't get killed either though a couple of times I got netted and for a surprisingly long time. Not very handy if you haven't any ranged skills Smile . However such was the strength of our party I didn't get hit and though I cannot be absolutely sure I don't think I needed to use the services of our healers.

I did feel a bit left out when we were taking on the broodlings so decided better to stand in a good position and help take out those that got past our arrows/spells. The minor adds were not too difficult but, my, I have never seen a spider so big as Bogbereth. Towards the end of the fight I was running short of power but it did hold out without the need for a refresh and I got the head. This is now on display in our kin hall.

My thanks for arranging this alliance and I look forward to the future knowing that we will indeed see the fourth age without the eye for ever searching us out.
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Amusing.   Kinship Raids EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Sounds like a hell lot of fun, and a lot to look forward to Smile. *Sighs* I'd be a mere nuisance among you powerful adventurers. I would love to see more raids like these, but then more focused towards low-level characters Wink.
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Aye it was a good raid. Quite fast and clean. I can proudly say that I also was part of it.

Right after the raid I joined some of our Vanimar friends to Urugarth and I must say I enjoyed the whole trip there. They were decent enough to let me have the steel key for Urugarth's gates for the Glade Council and also the Arm of Langmâs, which is placed next to the head of Bogbereth in our hall. Great job again getting that head Asurawyn.

I am really looking forward some raiding or fellowing within the kinship and our allies.

And don't think less of yourself Maerduin, you will become a great hunter, for you seem to have your wits. And that is where the strength lies.
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Thank you   Kinship Raids EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 pm

*Chuckles* Hah, thank you dear Humphert for the encouraging and kind words. I am indeed, bit by bit, progressing hoping to become once a decent and skillful Hunter. But future has the key, and will unravel as time progresses. I can also imagine our Kinship is proud to have such a fine chap as yourself as one of its members. Perhaps one day I will join you on this tomb raiding of yours Smile .
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:49 pm

I too would like to see some raids geared towards younger kin and would be happy to participate in them.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:10 pm

When possible, I too will help as much as I can - both in questing and raids. The young need some guidance sometimes Wink
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Dont think I wont be there just becouse I bailed out in the last minute in the recent Shire raid Very Happy I'll be happy to go with you to the lowest level raids with you! We should start planning things
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:03 pm

Felogar wrote:
Dont think I wont be there just becouse I bailed out in the last minute in the recent Shire raid Very Happy I'll be happy to go with you to the lowest level raids with you! We should start planning things

We still managed without you, somehow
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:33 pm

hail all.
I would also like to get involved in a low level raid. The chance to secure a prize trophy to hang on our kinship wall, although i do not think it will be as large as the spider's head!
it feels like it is watching me when i go into the room!
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:09 pm

and there is the ''Slime of Helchgam'' trophy, which is actually a living piece of slime inside a grimy barrel and moves around making a 'slimy' sound once in a while... disgusting Smile the spiders head is much more preferrable, but both of these are from Angmar. Helchgam from Carn Dum and Bogbereth in Himbar I think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Low level 'excursions' sound like a good idea. Unfortunately I always seem to get stuck at a low level... to much RPing to be doing. However I enjoyed the Goblin Hunt, and I'll join in with these low level raids if there is an RP side to them Smile

After looking at Felogar's pics of the Old Forest it seems to me that it would be a perfect place for a low level excursion. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Maverickson
Keeper of the Scrolls
Maverickson

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Old forest sounds good
Back to top Go down
https://gladecouncil.forumotion.com
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm

we could move through the old forest from the shire side to the great barrow, or is that still a little bit too high?
Back to top Go down
Maerduin
Member of the Council
Maerduin

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Good   Kinship Raids EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 pm

An average of 15-20 is perfect for Barrow Downs. Sounds very good to me! Good to see you are back Launa!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 am

Yeh, I was in the states so was nackered last night. See you alll online Smile

If youwant to go ahaead with this old forest thing thne maybe someone could come up with an RP reason for doing so. If you have an idea then set to it in game Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinship Raids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinship Raids   Kinship Raids Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinship Raids
Page 1 of 1