The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October

Go down 
+3
Gandrill
Felogar
Palantirr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October Empty
PostSubject: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Dear Kin,

Here's a quick summary of what was discussed during the latest GA that was held on Sunday, October 26th (I missed some parts because of being AFK, so if anyone wants to add some forgotten points, please do):

Before the Assembly:
* Fallidir prepared a feast worthy of the Glade members. Everyone ate and drank their heart out and more (winking at Hambrand Razz ). Afterwards Fallidir presented Felogar with a Warg Trophy as a gift for the Glade Council's Kin Hall. Denholm also presented Felogar with a fine dagger. Both gifts were accepted with pleasure by Felogar and the rest of the Glade Members. Fallidir was cheered by everyone for his selfless gestures (Food, ale and gifts).
* The attendance of the GA was for the standards of TGC quite good. The following picture lists the attendants:
TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October Screenshot00001rs3
(Please note: Elgost showed up several minutes after the screenshot was taken).

After retiring to the Main Hall, the attendants discussed several matters and the following was decided:

1. Fallidir was promoted to the rank of Member with a unanimous vote of the Glade.
2. Both Hambrand and Denholm were welcomed into the Glade Council as recruits with a unanimous vote of the Glade.
3. Felogar officially announced (again) his stepping-down from the position of High Seat. The post remains open for candidacy! Felogar will remain an Elder of TGC, however.
4. Elgost declared, with great sorrow and surprise, his retirement from Middle Earth and renounced his Elder-title. He shall retire to the Elf Haven of Imladris to spend the rest of his time here before heading West into the Blessed Realm. (OOC: Elgost will rarely show with this character, and will concentrate on another one, which is not so much liked by the others *cough*Talus*cough*).

As such, The Glade Council stands before great matters:
1. With regards to the dwindling numbers of the Glade Members in the face of a new peril rising in the old Dwarven Kingdom Khazad-Dum, or Moria, a need is raised to recruit more intensely and efficiently in order to guarantee at least that several "players" (not characters) are also part of this Kinship.
2. If no new recruits are found and the numbers of the Glade Members remain as they are now, the number of Elders assigned by law (5) will have to be reduced by one in order to remain proportional to the member's roster.
3. In light of Felogar's retirement, urgent need arises to fill his position. Any person wishing to fill Felogar's shoes and rise to the challenge of leading the Glade Council, please open your own thread and explain your reasons for nominating yourself.
4. By Gandalf's beard we need more Dwarves in this Kinship and Maverickson should be contacted to find out if he still lives!!! geek

That's it for me... thank you for reading and hope to see you soon.

Golradir Whitetower[img]
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Yes yes, well said as always Golradir.
Back to top Go down
Gandrill
Riddle Master
Gandrill

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 3:55 pm

some points to ponder on, thanks Golradir for the summary.

p.s. maverickson does still live (home move resulted in loss of internet for the time being)
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 pm

To add to Gandrill's point I think Maverickson is also away because i think I heard somewhere he's got another child... funnily enough they take a lot of looking after... anywho thats my say, other than that very comprehensive recap of what went on Gol... also I sugest putting the picture in the gallery instead of on a thread, but thats your decision.
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:14 am

Falli wrote:
also I sugest putting the picture in the gallery instead of on a thread, but thats your decision.

Thanks for the suggestion Falli, but I don't know how this may be done Embarassed ... I thought Maverickson could correct that once he's back online. I used to post screenshots on TGC events directly in the thread in the old forums Laughing

Habits take long to die

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 am

Well as a matter of fact Maverickson has told me we are kind of running out of space on our forums, we may have to delete some pictures we have at some point, but still we should use it to the limit Wink
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Very sorry to hear that Elgost has left..
Back to top Go down
Asurawyn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 pm

It was also decided that recruits be allowed a 3 week trial to prove their worthiness and then be asked to take the vow and be promoted to member at the next meeting of the council following this period.
Back to top Go down
Heredryn
Member of the Council
Heredryn

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:36 am

We should start mass-promoting recruits soon then Smile
Back to top Go down
Falli
Ally of the Council
Falli

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 11:02 am

Is the 3 week period for promotion or to even stay inside the kin, if its the latter then I think thats a bit harsh, but please say which one it is so I can expand my point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October   TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October Empty

Back to top Go down

TGC's Grand Assembly, Sunday 26th October
Page 1 of 1