The Glade Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glade Council

Lord of the Rings Online, Laurelin Kinship

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony

Go down 
+2
Palantirr
Eovind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Today I decided to re-write the Glade Vow. I've been a bit irritated on it ever since Mith set it up a year ago...especially the way we "branded" people and had them slice up their hands to shed blood over the ground. I hereby declare the "sacrifices" people had to make, the brandings and shedding blood, as ways of the past and never again shall they be forced upon anyone, unless you really want it yourself of course (if you like pain or somesuch Razz)... The new Glade shall encourage people to stay for the cause, not force them and mark them for life. We've had enough of that already...both Nemsyn and I can tell more of the matter, but that is for another time.

I spoke with one of our newest members, lord Derweth, and asked him to write a sketch of the new Vow. And the result was absolutely fantastic in my opinion. We discussed his work of art and changed some minor things before we were both happy with it. Felogar himself also approved. But of course I'll want your opinions on it too, so feel free to share your views.

So, here it is...the new scroll with the Glade Vow. This scroll shall now be handed out to the ones who are to become members. (The pic aint that good but it'll do I think)

The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony Gladevowcopydb1

And this time I will also supply you with the Glade Vow in pure text form to make everything a little easier. Many are the troubles we've had when people have taken the vow, but now they shall be no more.

I (name), come before you to swear my vows:

Now comes the time when I drop my material veil,
and step into the wild with love and joy.
It is in my heart and the centre of being,
and there also lives the Glade Council and its people.

With this may I have a new feeling of life and pride,
a heightened sense of honour and love so that I may be all I can be.
And in doing so may I inspire others to follow and do what is moral and right.
No matter the circumstances I vow to humbly follow the rules of the Council.

I offer myself with joy and devotion to the spirits of the forest.
May you accept me with the love with which I accept you into my heart.
Through times of peace I shall serve as a beacon of joy and goodness.
And through times of war I shall serve as a bastion of hope and courage.

This is my vow.. and I make it as freely as the wind blows and the trees grow.

All credits for the Vow goes to the good lord Derweth! Thank you for the help my friend! Also I have another idea for a RP event to celebrate this, but I will post that in the RP Events thread...

Also, a note to Maverickson when you return - PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!

Last edited by Eovind on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Palantirr
Elder of the Council
Palantirr

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:58 am

Excellent job Eovind and my hat drops to Lord Derweth... this is a significant contribution to the Glade Council from a Recruit, which will surely lead to his accelerated promotion (perhaps as part of the RP-event to celebrate the new vow) Smile

On the other hand and in light of the changes to the rituals of the Glade, who by Gandalf's beard will pay for the surgeries to remove the branded scar from my body and heal the scar I caused to my hand?!! Very Happy I demand equal status with the new members who will be swearing the new vow without performing masochist rituals!! geek

But seriously... will the introduction of the new Vow of the Glade mean that the old vow is invalid? If this is the case then this will mean that every Member of the Glade Council (and yes, that includes you too, Eovind) will have to swear the new vow to become a member (again).

All in all... excellent job and the phrasing is really beautiful and worthy of our Kinship and cause... respect to everyone who contributed king

Golradir Whitetower
Back to top Go down
Felogar
Elder of the Council
Felogar

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 am

Aye, aye well written and excellently displayed! Well done Derweth..

Quote :
But seriously... will the introduction of the new Vow of the Glade mean that the old vow is invalid? If this is the case then this will mean that every Member of the Glade Council (and yes, that includes you too, Eovind) will have to swear the new vow to become a member (again)...

There is no way that Felogar (and I) will accept that! The old vows are of course still valid(!) and in my opinion, more valid than the new one!!! Why? We have served the woods with pride for long under the oath we have made and nothing can undo that...

Regards..

Last edited by Felogar on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Humphert
Guardian of the Glade
Humphert

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 6:18 am

I agree with Felogar. The new vow does not in any way make old vowes void. No matter the words uttered, the idea remains the same.
Back to top Go down
Eovind
High Seat of the Council

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 am

Aye, that was never my intention either. I wont require anyone to say the vow again. This is for the new members and for the future, to finally get rid of the Mithrelas reign once and for all. We veterans know what went wrong back in the days (we even had some people dislike us because of the old Vow and the line "May the council reigh supreme in middle-earth") but now we aim for the future. We may have the scars still, but let them serve as a reminder of times that were before. You can even use the scars as an opportunity to RP!

The idea is still there, but in different words. Nothing else Smile

There's no flesh or blood within this cloak to kill. There's only an idea. Ideas are bulletproof. - V
Back to top Go down
Faewulf
Member of the Council
Faewulf

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 am

Excellent work, that sounds much more like the vow of 'The Glade Council' great work, and I think the image looks really nice too!
Back to top Go down
Dunil
Member of the Council

PostSubject: sweet!   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am

That was a nice vow! Though im Happy Dunil took it with blood and branding! Still feel the smell of the flesh! Anyway I like the new one, feels like a good step!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony   The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

The *new* Glade Vow - please use this during the member ceremony
Page 1 of 1